Insignia SRi NAV 1.6T Hatchback
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by StuBFrost View Post
    I used the connect2 steering wheel conversion for my pioneer and I still have access to the configuration menu.
    Can you upload a picture of the configuration menu working on your pioneer unit. Thanks

OWNER OF 2012 INSIGNIA SRI NAV HATCHBACK 1.6T

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesnít use the pioneer unit, it uses the standard cd400 screen that is still there. The connect2 system allows a hard press of the source button on the steering wheel to bring up the standard configuration menu.

Car
    2011 Insignia SRI Nav.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It doesnít use the pioneer unit, it uses the standard cd400 screen that is still there. The connect2 system allows a hard press of the source button on the steering wheel to bring up the standard configuration menu.
    I donít think this would work on the navigation cars.

Seems itís either Vauxhallís awfully designed infotainment Navigation system or nothing sadly.

Iím happy to lose the screen anyway. Itís a small price to pay for a modern sound system.

Car
    Elite Turbo Hatch Manual with all the toys and more
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcbane14 View Post
    I don’t think this would work on the navigation cars.

Seems it’s either Vauxhall’s awfully designed infotainment Navigation system or nothing sadly.
    There's nothing wrong with the Vauxhall infotainment navigation system, it works very well and has good functionality. No complaints here. If you're referring to the units in the earlier cars e.g. 2009 etc then the Vauxhall system was much better at that time than any of the Android units around
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

5. Likes exclusiv. liked
    Car
    2011 Insignia SRI Nav.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 0011728 View Post
    There's nothing wrong with the Vauxhall infotainment navigation system, it works very well and has good functionality. No complaints here. If you're referring to the units in the earlier cars e.g. 2009 etc then the Vauxhall system was much better at that time than any of the Android units around
    My car is 2011 and has navigation. Dab wasnít standard nor was Bluetooth.

The Bluetooth option only allows calls and no music streaming.

Iím aware of the usb and aux in ports but should you have an android phone and want to change tracks then youíre buggered.

Other car manufacturers cars were a lot better equipped as standard than the Insignia.

Toyota, VW, Peugeot etc.

If those options were included as standard then Iíd have no desire to replace the factory system as much.

Iím not a fan of the android units. Iíve had one before in my Passat and I found it to be quite buggy.

Each to their own though .

Car
    Elite Turbo Hatch Manual with all the toys and more
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that Vauxhall offered the DAB (which was standard on Elite) and Bluetooth as options does not make the system awfully designed.........which was what you originally put.
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Car
    2011 Insignia SRI Nav.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that Vauxhall offered the DAB (which was standard on Elite) and Bluetooth as options does not make the system awfully designed.........which was what you originally put.
    Letís agree to disagree. You like the factory system and thatís ok.

I donít like the factory system and will be replacing it with something aftermarket and thatís ok.

Everybody has different tastes. So letís leave it at that .

Car
    2013 Insignia CDTi SRi NAV
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im replying to your PM here so others can see - I replaced my NAV600 with a Pioneer DAB Radio w/ Reverse Camera, rear amps etc

It DOES work on Navi Models, I know because I drive around with one. Look here for more info on mine https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...l=1#post250566

You can ask connect2 directly what you need for your vehicle here > http://support.connects2.com/tickets...ical/index.php

Cheers
    2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi SRi NAV

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

10. Thanks Mcbane14 Thanked
    Likes Mcbane14 liked
    Racing Driver

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used the connect2 steering wheel conversion for my pioneer and I still have access to the configuration menu.
    Forgot yours is the CD400, as your screen is still there the connect2 has made it work, but unfortunately is not the same for nav cars.

Racing Driver

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree, new car models can make previous car techs feel basic and obsolete quickly, but at the time was state of the art.
    Unfortunately if you want modern stuff you have to go with the times and get a new car where everything works straight out the box and no complication.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast