Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    I found the darker the road the better they were. I've said all along they're not as good as HIDs but I found them far, far better than halogens. For someone going straight from halogens to the LEDs there's a massive difference.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys I’m new here but I was after a bit oh help. I have a 16 facelift CDTI 170bhp with halogen hir2 projector lights. I tried fitting HIDs to my car. https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/hi...rsion-kit.html But I found that one of the lights was dim all the time and I tried a couple of solutions that didn’t work. Has anyone else found this problem or a solution?

Car
    Trabant.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie47x View Post
    Hi guys I’m new here but I was after a bit oh help. I have a 16 facelift CDTI 170bhp with halogen hir2 projector lights. I tried fitting HIDs to my car. https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/hi...rsion-kit.html But I found that one of the lights was dim all the time and I tried a couple of solutions that didn’t work. Has anyone else found this problem or a solution?
    If that's the kit you bought.....you were well shafted mate.
    500 MONKEY NINJA TURTLE JEDI BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

4. Likes exclusiv. liked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are refunding it at no cost. I take it that it’s not a good kit?

Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordie47x View Post
    It sounds like you have a dodgy bulb or ballast. Have you tried swapping the bulbs over to see if the dull light transfers over to the other side? That should tell you if you need a replacement bulb or ballast from your supplier.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve done all that I swapped the ballast round and the fault did not move so I got a replacement bulbs sent out. This still didn’t fix it so they sent me a relay and resistor pack to fit in line. After fitting and trying many different combinations I found th relays would click but neither of the bulbs would light up so I’m returning it all for a refund.

Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How odd. Strange it's only one side of the car is affected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3