What’s the best Xenon HID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Romfordblue View Post
    Changed the lights on my car today from old naff Halogens to LED's and what a difference, it's brilliant. The process was extremely straight forward and was exactly how Marco301 explained in his fitting instructions above in the thread. The whole process took 20 minutes and was so worth it, and I totally recommend the LED's as they fit in the light casing so easy with room to spare and are so simple to fit.
    ��
    Marks had plenty of practise changing bulbs,,gone through more sets than me
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Nice one! Glad you're happy with them. They're a bit on the costly side but better than hids because you rely on them when flashing your lights too so no warm up.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        Marks had plenty of practise changing bulbs,,gone through more sets than me
        Finally got a set of LEDs in my GS now too.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Just ordered a set of these hope they're good. I removed my hids due to flashing problems when I flashed people out these didn't see me flash them as they take a while to come on, hopefully these LEDs will be decent.

Whacked on credit card so it feels like i'm not spending money haha.

Comment

Fitted these at the weekend and tested them last night when driving from Middlesbrough to Portsmouth. During twilight its hard to see on the road if these are on, I think its due to the cool colour of the light, if I had my halogen bulbs in then I would be able to see the yellow glow on the road. Other halogens seemed brighter when they were overtaking me on the motorway. I'd say they are on par with halogens just. But on some road surfaces they were pretty dark and other ones they were alright. I'm going to keep them though, but when a brighter set comes available i'll be buying them as they do need to be brighter.

I do like them though as they are instantly on!

Comment

I found the darker the road the better they were. I've said all along they're not as good as HIDs but I found them far, far better than halogens. For someone going straight from halogens to the LEDs there's a massive difference.

Comment

Hi guys I’m new here but I was after a bit oh help. I have a 16 facelift CDTI 170bhp with halogen hir2 projector lights. I tried fitting HIDs to my car. https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/hi...rsion-kit.html But I found that one of the lights was dim all the time and I tried a couple of solutions that didn’t work. Has anyone else found this problem or a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie47x View Post
                  Hi guys I’m new here but I was after a bit oh help. I have a 16 facelift CDTI 170bhp with halogen hir2 projector lights. I tried fitting HIDs to my car. https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/hi...rsion-kit.html But I found that one of the lights was dim all the time and I tried a couple of solutions that didn’t work. Has anyone else found this problem or a solution?
                  If that's the kit you bought.....you were well shafted mate.

Comment

They are refunding it at no cost. I take it that it’s not a good kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Geordie47x View Post
                      It sounds like you have a dodgy bulb or ballast. Have you tried swapping the bulbs over to see if the dull light transfers over to the other side? That should tell you if you need a replacement bulb or ballast from your supplier.

Comment

I’ve done all that I swapped the ballast round and the fault did not move so I got a replacement bulbs sent out. This still didn’t fix it so they sent me a relay and resistor pack to fit in line. After fitting and trying many different combinations I found th relays would click but neither of the bulbs would light up so I’m returning it all for a refund.

Comment

How odd. Strange it's only one side of the car is affected.

Comment

Working...
                          X