Dam pedestrians and cyclists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dam pedestrians and cyclists

Haven't been posting as mush as I used to but something really pissed me off this morning
    Happens all the time but today really got me fuming
    People crossing the road without looking or staring at their phones, they just walk out in front of a car without a care in the world thinking a 1.5t car can go 30-0 in a heartbeat, unfortunately we can't, but humans can stop instantly so they should and not rely on the drivers

Today I was driving to work and joining a main road at a T junction and some kid zooms past across me on his bike, firstly he was cycling on a pavement which wasn't a cycle path, and second he didn't stop to see if any car were coming, had to slam on the brake and luckily avoided hitting him

Trouble is these days it seems the drivers are always in the wrong, if i had run him over I'd be in deep **** despite reacting as fast as humanly possible, having road worthy vehicle with new brakes and tyres, it would still be the drivers fault
    No one would care that the kid was cycling on the path and didn't stop, we would have parents screaming for "justice" for their kid, what about justice for the drivers?
    If i had run someone over, even if it wasn't my fault that would mental scar me for life, where's the drivers justice there

Every day people walk out on the road not looking where they are going, growing up I remember the tv advert with the hedgehogs crossing the road, they need more of that tailored to people these days
    Get off your bloody phone, and look where you're going

Those of you who got this far, thank you for reading
    Rant over

Least you didn't hit him Mo, and dashcams can help in these situations.

Comment

I think there should be a points system. By that I mean car drivers get points for running down pedestrians and cyclists disobeying the rules of the road. Once you get 100 points you get a free tank of fuel. See how much jaywalking and cycling infringements take place then.
      Last edited by marko301; 16-05-2018, 05:14 PM.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Run the feckers over

Comment

It's at times like that when a dashcam is so useful to prove the stupidity of some people
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Always thought this was a Yorkshire thing.
            Especially with pedestrians or thick t**ts as I like to call em. i Noticed this a good few years back when in my local town.
            they actually look then just walk straight across anyhow.

was sooo tempting to buy an old banger.then just give them a little nudge...!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
              It's at times like that when a dashcam is so useful to prove the stupidity of some people
              From my wife's cam a couple of years ago - cyclist undertook a line of cars and emerged onto a roundabout without looking. Fortunately my wife stopped in time. The camera was a temporary one and was poorly located due to my wife only just having bought the car.

Comment

I saw on the news the other day they're calling for new cars to have active emergency braking like the grand sports have. Wouldn't be a bad thing but it does nothing to educate the numpties stepping or pulling out on you though. Its time cyclists should take a test like the rest of us road users.
                Last edited by marko301; 16-05-2018, 08:40 PM.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

But a cyclist must know..in a accident with a car who’s going to come off worse!
                  ok they seem to have the law mostly on their side,but that ain’t going to help mend a broken head..!
                  sigpic

Comment

many years ago when i was 18 i was turning right, i slowed down and indicated even though nobody was around, started my turn and then bang!!! A dirtbike with 2 kids on it (no helmets) slammed into my drivers door and flew over the car smashing my door and windscreen, one kid was KO with blood pouring out his head and other broke his thigh with his leg twisted 180. i stepped out the car and was in shock with what happened.
                    luckily all the locals came out their houses and an old feller came up to me and said not to worry, those kids had been driving up and down the pavements all day causing trouble, when the police and ambulances turn up the police told me not to worry as all the local had given their witness statements and the police where nice enough to drop me home

if there were no witnesses then it would have been a different story for me

law needs to be more strict on all road users inc pedestrians jaywalking etc

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      I saw on the news the other day they're calling for new cars to have active emergency braking like the grand sports have. Wouldn't be a bad thing but it does nothing to educate the numpties stepping or pulling out on you though. Its time cyclists should take a test like the rest of us road users.
                      And have some form of reg number so they can be identified when they have damaged ones car.

Comment

Working...
                      X