Remapping 160bhp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remapping 160bhp

Has anyone had there insignia remapped, Iv got 2.0cdti Sri 160bhp, I want to get mine done, just looking for reviews and advice and good places to have it done in Lancashire, thanks in advance

Ive got the same car.
    Ive read this remapping thing quite a lot, why do people have it done, whats the advantages/disadvantages?
    North Manchester - Diesel 2.0 litre 2013 facelift SRI VX-LINE CDTIA - Nav 900 Intellilink - 19" Diamond Alloys

Comment

The advantage is that you get more power accompanied with better economy.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I got mine done last weekend.
        Woo Hoo
        Flying Machine now compared to what it was!

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
          I got mine done last weekend.
          Woo Hoo
          Flying Machine now compared to what it was!
          What's it churning out now ?
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

No rolling road. But he says his map gives 45 bhp and 100 torques to my engine 2012 160
            So 205 and 395 I suppose.
            Its made a massive difference to what was an underpowered car.
            My old Vectra 150 with a chip on was awesome, so I was quite disappointed when I got the Insignia.
            This should have cost £250 but I done a bit of a deal so worked out at £200
            Not bad for ecu out and opened up 2 hours from start to finish.

Comment

160 is 350nm standard
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Then it has 450 torques !
                Thats all I'm interested in with a Diesel.
                Its certainly not a sports car, handling wise its like a sofa, so tourqe is great on the Motorway.
                Super quick overtaking

Comment

And to think I spent my money on:
                  • A second, high pressure turbo with a water cooled intercooler
                  • New high-performance, heat-treated aluminium pistons
                  • Increased combustion chamber pressure to 170 bar with 2000 bar injection pressure
                  • Modified cylinder head to make it more resistant to thermo-mechanical pressures
                  • Five-layer cylinder head gasket
                  • Modified camshafts for higher mechanical stresses
                  • Forged outlet camshaft
                  And alot more, to get the same result.
                  Dohh.

Comment

How does that work then? DTUK Chip for the same engine is quoting more than I said ? I don't know much about tuning only what the lad said so I'm not bothered about numbers. For a small outlay my car now is much much better. So I'm happy. It does actually feel a lot quicker.
                    I don't want to go down your route I'm almost 60 for God's sake
                    But....
                    How can loads of different companies give power figures in excess of what your saying?
                    Reading your post I was expecting to see some huge numbers.
                    Surely they all can't be lying!
                    It sounds like you've put a lot of money into it and you know a lot about it. So no way am I getting into an argument.
                    Just interested.

Comment

Working...
                    X