Air Con Issues and locations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Con Issues and locations

Posting here as its the electronic side of things id like help with if possible.

I got my air con re-gased yesterday but still getting warm air blowing on LO and AC on.

When I turn on my AC the condenser fans turn on but only for a few seconds and the compressor clutch does not engage atal. When I plug my opcom in it says High Pressure Side Low hence the clutch not engaging.

I want to manually engage the clutch but I cant figure out which relay it is and the owners manual does not tell you what each relay controls.
    I also cant see where the high pressure switch/transducer is located.

I want to manually override this to get the AC to run and see if it will level it self out and work on its own after.

Can anybody tell me which relay it is for the compressor clutch? And where is the high pressure switch/transducer located?

Thanks
    63 Plate (2014 Model) [B]Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CD[COLOR="#FF0000"]Ti[/COLOR] [140] [COLOR="#008000"]eco[/COLOR]FLEX Tech Line[/B]

who re-gased the system? and was it checked for leaks using a vacuum?

Comment

Its was done properly it seemed, i was standing next to him when it was done. Blue and red hose on, vacuum tested and held, 4ml oil and 450g of r134a. He even gave me the print out from the machine. But i still have the same problem.
      Do you know the location of the relay and pressure switch?
      63 Plate (2014 Model) [B]Vauxhall Insignia 2.0 CD[COLOR="#FF0000"]Ti[/COLOR] [140] [COLOR="#008000"]eco[/COLOR]FLEX Tech Line[/B]

Comment

I just found this list today, while I was looking for the amount of gas used in a Mini. The Insignia is also on the list, stating it should have 600g of r134 and 110/150 ml of oil. So you might want to check with Vauxhall if 450g is enough...

Comment

i will need to check when i get home where the electrics are for the AC
          if you open the bonnet there should be a sticker right in front of you saying how much refrigerant should be put into the system

Comment

Yes Insignia holds 600g of refrigerant
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yh I know, under the bonnet states 0.60Kg. I thought the machine only put 450g in their because thats all it needed.

Anyone know the location of the pressure switch or which relay controls the AC compressor?

Comment

haven't had a chance to check

the machine will do what you tell it to do, i'd go back and get a refund mate, they clearly don't know what they are doing
                when i had mine done the machine vacuums all refrigerant and tells you how much was taken out, it then holds that vacuum to check for leaks, then you set how much to fill and it fills to that amount.

that's the most likely reason that the AC isn't working as there's only 75% of the refrigerant in there
                the computer knows this that's why the pump won't kick in to prevent any damage

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                  haven't had a chance to check

the machine will do what you tell it to do, i'd go back and get a refund mate, they clearly don't know what they are doing
                  when i had mine done the machine vacuums all refrigerant and tells you how much was taken out, it then holds that vacuum to check for leaks, then you set how much to fill and it fills to that amount.

that's the most likely reason that the AC isn't working as there's only 75% of the refrigerant in there
                  the computer knows this that's why the pump won't kick in to prevent any damage

I'm having similar problems.

The aircon places said there was 578ml in it and pressure was correct.

Opcom was showing 2 fault codes, one of which has not reappeared after resetting. The one that has gone was showing open circuit on the pressure sensor.

Code that is sticking is u0424

Basically saying the HVAC module is not sending correct commands. I have went through the prerequisites for the AC activating, and my car meets all of them. Voltage, rpm, etc etc

I have looked up and the HVAC module is only 40 quid. So I thought it's worth trying replacing it.

However, I have no idea where the module is located in the car???

Also, does anyone know is it plug and play or will it require coding to the car?

Comment

Originally posted by roverspeed View Post
                    I'm having similar problems.

The aircon places said there was 578ml in it and pressure was correct.

Opcom was showing 2 fault codes, one of which has not reappeared after resetting. The one that has gone was showing open circuit on the pressure sensor.

Code that is sticking is u0424

Basically saying the HVAC module is not sending correct commands. I have went through the prerequisites for the AC activating, and my car meets all of them. Voltage, rpm, etc etc

I have looked up and the HVAC module is only 40 quid. So I thought it's worth trying replacing it.

However, I have no idea where the module is located in the car???

Also, does anyone know is it plug and play or will it require coding to the car?
                    How did they know there was 578ml if there? Did they remove it and measure the refrigerant?
                    The refrigerant requirement is in grams, not ml or pressure, any garage that does this has now idea what they are doing
                    Measuring in ml is not point unless you know the density of the refrigerant
                    The sticker on the car says what refrigerant to use and the mass in grams, I don't see why garages can't follow simple instructions

Sorry to hear you are all having issues, go get it regassed, you show get a receipt from the machine and garage, post them up here and i'll have a look, if they done it wrong go claim your money back

Or drive down to Kettering town and use the garage I use round the corner from my work and I'll come along

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                      How did they know there was 578ml if there? Did they remove it and measure the refrigerant?
                      The refrigerant requirement is in grams, not ml or pressure, any garage that does this has now idea what they are doing
                      Measuring in ml is not point unless you know the density of the refrigerant
                      The sticker on the car says what refrigerant to use and the mass in grams, I don't see why garages can't follow simple instructions

Sorry to hear you are all having issues, go get it regassed, you show get a receipt from the machine and garage, post them up here and i'll have a look, if they done it wrong go claim your money back

Or drive down to Kettering town and use the garage I use round the corner from my work and I'll come along
                      Sorry I meant grams.

He gave me a receipt from the machine and the print out showing the fault codes.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find them ffs.

He didn't charge me anything because he didn't use any refrigerant, he does a lot of work on my mx5 so he's not the type to bull5shit.

I even tried to pay him something for his time and he said no it was fine.

Comment

Working...
                      X