Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RBH View Post
    Omg......I feel it for you mate.
    Spent a bit of time on it today and managed to make it far less noticeable for now.

Comment

Looks a lot better! What is the long term plan? Paint shop?
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        Looks a lot better! What is the long term plan? Paint shop?
        Gonna try some chipex as I need to do some stone chips etc anyway if that looks ok then fine. If not I’ve a mate who has a body shop so will get a quote from him for it. I’ll call my insurance and see what they say as I have protected no claims but had a write off of old car start of the year so may affect it as I think it’s only 2 claims within 12 months.

Comment

I hate insurance ,...We pay for it but then too scared to use it cos the greedy bast4rds penalise us.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
            I hate insurance ,...We pay for it but then too scared to use it cos the greedy bast4rds penalise us.
            Yeh hopefully it shouldn’t be too bad but I’ll wait and see what they say and what the excess is as it may be as cheap to get it done by body shop and not affect insurance

Comment

Some scum bags did the same to my vectra c when i had it a few months, they had done the rear quarter panel and rear door luckily i manage to remove the rear door one, it was parked on the street where me and my ex was living at the time, some drunk ******* keyed most of my side of the street on that night.

It was pretty deep cut, but the car was silver so made it less noticeable, and i not had a DA back then so couldn't try to DA out.

Comment

It can probably DA out.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  It can probably DA out.
                  The rear door is down the the metal almost unfortunately so it not gonna buff out. Front door may do. I’ve misplaced my backing plate so I’ll need to get a new one before i can try though.

Comment

When it happened to my other halves black Corsa years ago we knew it was an older car and probably need a respray so I got some stuff and tried to fix it. Was quite deep down to primer but I got some lighter fluid and mixed with touch up paint and dabbed in the length of the scratch until it was built up. Then used 1500 up to 3000 grit wet and dry until paint was level and I couldn't see the scratch. Then I crapped myself. I had got a cheap orbital sander from b n q and a polishing pad so took some megs ultimate compound and spent hours polishing until it came out. Results wise I f**ed up and burnt through clear coat at one small part but you had to look very very closely to see the scratch.

So if you have a DA and better knowledge of detailing and products than I had back then you might be able to polish out hopefully, I was lucky it didn't matter with that car if it worked or not but we avoided respray in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Graeme1975 View Post
                      When it happened to my other halves black Corsa years ago we knew it was an older car and probably need a respray so I got some stuff and tried to fix it. Was quite deep down to primer but I got some lighter fluid and mixed with touch up paint and dabbed in the length of the scratch until it was built up. Then used 1500 up to 3000 grit wet and dry until paint was level and I couldn't see the scratch. Then I crapped myself. I had got a cheap orbital sander from b n q and a polishing pad so took some megs ultimate compound and spent hours polishing until it came out. Results wise I f**ed up and burnt through clear coat at one small part but you had to look very very closely to see the scratch.

So if you have a DA and better knowledge of detailing and products than I had back then you might be able to polish out hopefully, I was lucky it didn't matter with that car if it worked or not but we avoided respray in the end.
                      DA is safe, it won't do any damage unlike rotary which is what happen in your case.

Comment

Working...
                      X