VX-Line Kit Facelift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VX-Line Kit Facelift

Where do people recommend for sourcing for the vx-line facelift (2013 onwards) front / rear inserts and side skirts? Seems loads about on Ebay or companies like Autovaux for pre-facelift only!!
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=2][B]// Harwood[/B][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2][B]2013 CDTI Ecoflex Design 140[/B][/SIZE][/FONT]

Side skirts are the same for pre facelift and facelift the front and rear splitters are different though.
    Plenty used on eBay although the sides are hard to come by.
    Fibreglass side skirts are available but need a bit of work to fit as far as I could see when I was searching.

Comment

Thanks for that.

I've bought a geniuine front bumper valance from Ebay but it doesn't seem to be the correct fitting. The fixing points don't fit... see the photo below. Basically the inner wheel arch plastics do not sit flush with the bumper itself. I have a 63 plate facelift and when I've checked newer Insignias, this does sit flush and the valance sits flush against the inner wheel arch. Meaning I don't think this fits unless someone else has tried and come up with a different idea?

Comment

The inner wing guard (plastic part) should sit flush with the bumper. Is it the same both sides? I wonder if something has broken off where the shield attaches to the bumper part.

Comment

I've checked and no damage, looks like it's designed that way. Checked an SRI preface with no kit and that wasn't flush either! Stumped!!
          Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
          The inner wing guard (plastic part) should sit flush with the bumper. Is it the same both sides? I wonder if something has broken off where the shield attaches to the bumper part.

Comment

Have you double checked the one you bought is for a facelift?

Comment

That picture isnt very clear, however i believe if what i am seeing is correct is that your car would have a plastic bracket that fits between the wheel arch and the skirt.

you can just make it out on this picture

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153095...7683990020644/

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                That picture isnt very clear, however i believe if what i am seeing is correct is that your car would have a plastic bracket that fits between the wheel arch and the skirt.

you can just make it out on this picture

https://www.flickr.com/photos/153095...7683990020644/
                Yeah I see what you mean, i'll try giving VX a ring and see if I can get a hold of these. Was starting to think I had an odd ball manufactured car [emoji23] Thank you!

Comment

No problem.

You might not be able to get the parts though, but as long as you use a long enough screw it will fit fine pal

Comment

No problem.

You might not be able to get the parts though, but as long as you use a long enough screw it will fit fine pal
                    Rang VX and it's M5 x 20mm torque screws needed. Had a quick scoot at work and found some similar screws that'll do. On a side note I asked the dealer how much just the front bumper valances are.... £790!! even he laughed. Cost me a grand total of £60 for both front and rear all in. Currently at the bodyshop being straightened, smoothed and resprayed but still going to be massively cheaper! Just need to source some side skirts now.. proving tricky!!

Comment

Harwood are you the chap who brought them parts from up sheffield way?

Comment

Harwood are you the chap who brought them parts from up sheffield way?
                        Not me mate? Got them off Ebay (not sure which part of the country they came from)

Comment

Someone brought some for cheap the other day, thought it might be been you pal

Comment

Working...
                          X