Aircon issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aircon issue

Just brought my 2L 2013 CTDI privatly and noticed when putting on the aircon you hear a hissing noise from it.

Does it sound like it just needs a regas ?

if you hear a hissing noisy i would get it looked at first ie pressure tested hissing sounds like a leak to me just my opinion am no expert, generally if its low on gas it will not come on at all this is a safety feature of having low refrigerant level.
    does it blow freezing cold air or warm air?

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
      if you hear a hissing noisy i would get it looked at first ie pressure tested hissing sounds like a leak to me just my opinion am no expert, generally if its low on gas it will not come on at all this is a safety feature of having low refrigerant level.
      does it blow freezing cold air or warm air?
      the air is cool but isn't freezing when you set it to low which I assumed would be a regas as my corsa d gets freezing when setting to low

Comment

lo setting should indeed be freezing, mine is low on refrigerant so the air it blows is not really that cold, as its not engaging.
        do you see the clutch engage/spin when ac is on? it is visible from top of engine if its not spinning then the system is broken or low on refrigerant.

Comment

lo setting should indeed be freezing, mine is low on refrigerant so the air it blows is not really that cold, as its not engaging.
          do you see the clutch engage/spin when ac is on? it is visible from top of engine if its not spinning then the system is broken or low on refrigerant.
          I will go have a look at lunch and will let you know. Air isn't frezzing for sure but its not warm either like you said with yours its just nor really that cold.

Comment

I have had a look and can see it spinning. The air isn't very cold at all so I think it's a regas ?

Comment

Working...
            X