Headlight adjustment switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight adjustment switch

Has anyone got any ideas why the headlight adjustment switch is not doing any adjustments to my lights. I did change the bulbs to LED,s but I’m not sure if the switch worked before I changed them as I never tried it as I’ve only had the car a week. Could it be the light levering motor or a fuse as it’s both lights not adjusting. It seems really weird that there is nothing moving from the lights when the switch is altered.

Does anyone even know where the levelling motor is on the car as I was thinking of checking it’s wired up as the garage did spray the front skirt and I’m thinking may have disconnected a wire or two when spraying, or it may be the new LED,s not allowing any headlight movement.

Many Thanks
    Insignia 2015 Sri Vx Line

The levelling motors are in the headlight unit itself. Maybe you have dislodged them by accident when fitting the led’s. I think that they are a ball and socket fitting, and to much pressure they may have popped off. But then as you say it could be a fuse if you are not sure that they were working before.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Take the bulbs, and everything else out of headlight, then try it...... I've a feeling you've jammed something by stuffing everything into the headlight
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah as above....Make sure you haven't blocked movement with the driver and cable. You should still here it try to move though if it was a bit blocked. They don't move much. Are you sure they're deffo not moving?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks for the comments about the lights not adjusting, so today I took the LED’s back out to test the movement and without any bulbs in there is no movement at all. I can see the electric adjuster inside the light casing but nothing moves from both sides when altering the switch. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for this as it seems that there is no power.
          I took out the light switch as well and there is no loose connections.
          Any ideas why this is not working, and out interest who actually uses the adjustment as I’m thinking if it doesn’t work then it won’t matter as I probably won’t even use it but it’s frustrating especially as I’ve only had the car a week and I could have a word with the Vauxhall main dealer who sold me the vehicle but it will mean being without the car for a few days while they investigate, but if it’s a fuse then I could easily rectify it.

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Romfordblue View Post
            Thanks for the comments about the lights not adjusting, so today I took the LED’s back out to test the movement and without any bulbs in there is no movement at all. I can see the electric adjuster inside the light casing but nothing moves from both sides when altering the switch. Does anyone know if there is a fuse for this as it seems that there is no power.
            I took out the light switch as well and there is no loose connections.
            Any ideas why this is not working, and out interest who actually uses the adjustment as I’m thinking if it doesn’t work then it won’t matter as I probably won’t even use it but it’s frustrating especially as I’ve only had the car a week and I could have a word with the Vauxhall main dealer who sold me the vehicle but it will mean being without the car for a few days while they investigate, but if it’s a fuse then I could easily rectify it.

Many Thanks
            did you manage to find the problem? Having the same issue with my car. Thanks

Comment

My car needed to go into Vauxhall main dealer and they discovered that the wiring to both headlights had been fitted and wired up wrong when it came of production line. Mine was an easy fix and easily remedied but only because the main dealer compared my wiring set up to another insignia and copied the way the wiring should have been wired up originally. Was a simple 1 wire in wrong place that caused the problem. Hope you get yours working

Comment

Originally posted by Romfordblue View Post
                My car needed to go into Vauxhall main dealer and they discovered that the wiring to both headlights had been fitted and wired up wrong when it came of production line. Mine was an easy fix and easily remedied but only because the main dealer compared my wiring set up to another insignia and copied the way the wiring should have been wired up originally. Was a simple 1 wire in wrong place that caused the problem. Hope you get yours working
                I might have to take a trip to the stealerships. Did you manage to locate where the fuse was? As it says nothing in the handbook

Comment

Working...
                X