Headlamp levelling switch & MOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlamp levelling switch & MOT

Hi all, does anyone know if a car will still pass the new MOT if the headlight levelling switch doesn't work and will it be checked as part of the new MOT. I'm concerned as my switch doesn't work and I don't want an MOT failure.
    Many Thanks
    Insignia 2015 Sri Vx Line

As long as the beam level is at the correct height I doubt they'll touch the switch. Have you had a word with the dealer about it? Its strange both sides not working. it could be a fuse. Have you got any further finding which one it could be?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I've left my car with vauxhall all day today and they have been unable to locate the problem so I have left the car with them overnight so they can look more in depth tomorrow. I can't believe that can't find the issue as certainly sounds like a fuse but I'm sure the highly trained vauxhall technician has already tried this ...I hope so, but they seem to rely soley on a laptop and not common sence.
      If it's not a fuse or a switch what else could it be to effect to effect both lights.
      Thanks

Comment

A relay maybe?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'll hopefully find out tomorrow and I'll let you know. Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Romfordblue View Post
            I'll hopefully find out tomorrow and I'll let you know. Cheers
            My car spent 2 days with the main dealers to fix my issue with the light levelling switch not working and dealer still cannot find what is causing the problem. I kicked off a bit after losing my car for 2 days and being told it’s still not fixed and after demanding to speak to the service manager it is booked in again for another 2 days in June and they are supplying me with a Courtesy car so they can get to the bottom of it.
            My concern is that my new car may not pass future mot checks with a non operational levelling switch now the new mot is in place, and how I was told when I bought the car it had a 115 point network Q check carried out, yet they missed a simple non working switch when it was supposedly checked under network Q.

But interestingly I have a wired in dash cam that comes on with the ignition and I could see and hear all the work carried out by the technicians and I was told they worked on it for 2 days but I can see that they actually only worked on my car for 3 hours on and off and then it was parked up in the car park when they closed on the first day and it stayed untouched the following day yet they said it was worked on for 2 days the Lying so and so’s. I will have great satisfaction in having another chat with the service manager again when I drop it off, I know it’s being done under warranty but I do not like being treated as a mug and told it was worked on when it wasn’t.

Comment

Tw4ts! You expect they're not going to be on it constant for the full 2 days but to leave it the second day untouched is taking the piss.....I think you should be getting a future service done free over that when you have the chat about the dash cam.

At least you're getting a courtesy car when it goes back in.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                Tw4ts! You expect they're not going to be on it constant for the full 2 days but to leave it the second day untouched is taking the piss.....I think you should be getting a future service done free over that when you have the chat about the dash cam.

At least you're getting a courtesy car when it goes back in.
                Im now thinking perhaps it’s the battery playing up and is having an electrical gremlin causing the levelling switch to not work, as absolutely everything else works on the car apart from stop start and the garage did say battery was not fully charged. I might try a 20 minute disconnection as it can’t hurt and may sort the switch problem out, as long as it doesn’t cause another problem.

I’ll post some pictures soon of my new toy which I’m really proud of but shame it’s also causing a few headaches as it’s a lovely car.

Comment

It can't hurt to try. It won't hurt anything. Once you re connect the battery you'll be asked to reset the windows. Just follow the instructions ( wind driver's window down then back up etc...).

Comment

It is part of the test and must work no matter if you aim is correct still needs to be tested.

Hi all, does anyone know if a car will still pass the new MOT if the headlight levelling switch doesn't work and will it be checked as part of the new MOT. I'm concerned as my switch doesn't work and I don't want an MOT failure.
                    Many Thanks

Comment

Im now thinking perhaps it’s the battery playing up and is having an electrical gremlin causing the levelling switch to not work, as absolutely everything else works on the car apart from stop start and the garage did say battery was not fully charged. I might try a 20 minute disconnection as it can’t hurt and may sort the switch problem out, as long as it doesn’t cause another problem.

I’ll post some pictures soon of my new toy which I’m really proud of but shame it’s also causing a few headaches as it’s a lovely car.
                      Did you manage to get this resolved have the same problem. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X