Can Mods & Admin be more pro-active?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Mods & Admin be more pro-active?

I don't mean to sound harsh at all, but there seems to be a large number of threads posted by members in the incorrect sections of the forum, and Mods and Admin even comment/post in them, yet they don't decide to move them to the correct areas.

There are areas and sections on forums for a reason and if there wasn't there may as well just be have a 'General' section where all threads can be started.

Like I say, I'm not being an arse and having a go, it's just something I notice on the forum and surely what I have suggested would make for a tidier and more useful forum, plus if threads are in the correct section, more members will hopefully get more appropriate help and advice.

Thanks guys

Well that's us told.

I understand where you're coming from but we decided way back that this forum would be run with little interference from us. Unlike some forums which are heavily moderated and have so many rules, members dare not breath. We want members to feel relaxed and not under any pressure. Yeah some post slip through but the majority are moved. If any members find something posted in what they believe is the wrong section we're happy to move them....Even if we have posted in the thread ourselves.....Remember, we're only members too. We all have day jobs.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I'm sorry you feel this way, but I don't see this forum have any issues. We are doing this unpaid.
      Main thing is we like our members feel welcomed and feel at home, like Mark says give members room to breathe however we do monitor abusive behaviour and take actions if necessary.

Comment

I remember a time when the comments would be about the site being down again for weeks on end, nothing working etc, etc.

If some posts in the wrong section is where things now are, I think it shows things aint that bad.

Comment

I say .......if you are concerned ........MOV .....become a moderator and do better ........its only a Forum after all .....nothing more.

Comment

Unfortunately there are no vacancy’s In the moderators section.
            if one come available in the future,we will then accept applications.
            sigpic

Comment

Me me me I want to be a mod

Comment

Have to say this is the friendliest forum I have been on and hats off to lads running it. I have been admin on a forum with the other admin/owner being a total knob head who in his head would have given Adolf a run for his money and other admins / moderators bickering all the time so this place is great. Yep a lot probably gets posted in general rather than other areas (something I have probably done in past) but I also know running a forum can take a shed load of free time up so I think it's not a massive issue, and as has been said the old one was down more than up so well done to the guys for managing that.

Comment

Originally posted by conno57 View Post
                  Me me me I want to be a mod
                  Will keep you in mind....you do seem to fit the criteria,
                  been a member two years or more-check
                  involved in site chats-check
                  Has knowledge of forum procedures-check

oh hang on....section 15b,paragraph 13.4...no member owning a Jaguar is permitted to be a moderator .

oh dear,sorry mate
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah we don't want Jag, BMW etc.. owners!....Hang on a minute???
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

How many of the mods still have insignias?

I know I don't anymore.

This is still the best forum I've seen by a long shot

Comment

4 of us I think? I know there's me, exclusiv, ray and pondy.

I'll have a tidy around over the next week. Move some threads to the correct sections. There shouldn't be too many though.

Comment

No no hang on a min i was a siggy owner for 2 years until her demise and won pic of the month twice (on another forum) so now i have a greater understanding of a more sophisticated car owning a jag (british by the way) so i would be an excellent mod ,i would be fair and considerate very sensitive to all requests for help of other members

Comment

I get the point that the OP was saying, but (having been guilty of it in the past) I know posts get moved if they're in the wrong section & the mods can only do this if they're told & have the spare time after their day job to do some minor admin.

I agree, this is a pretty relaxed forum & one of the most informative with very helpful members, but my pet peeve is when people post a question without doing a search first for what they're asking about. Most of the time someone else has asked the self same thing & had their problem solved, although to be fair finding a search term which brings relevant results can be a bit hit & miss, but that's not just on here it's on anything from forums to online shopping!

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                              4 of us I think? I know there's me, exclusiv, ray and pondy.
                              You missed off Russ .

Comment

Working...
                              X