AFL control location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFL control location?

Just had car in with a Vauxhall technician this morning he says the module is only detecting 9v so shutting the system down.
    Reckons he needs to go right through the car testing components to get to the root of the problem.
    Said the headlights were fine and it’s showing up as a battery or alternator fault, which lead him to ask if it’s been jump started before? Which it has a while back with a duff battery...

I think his gut instinct is a fried module so wonder where this is located for an inspection?

So it’s probable I’m looking at 8hrs labour plus £600ish for a new module.

I notice there’s plenty of modules around on eBay but how do you go around this route when it seems the only people to fit them are Vauxhall themselves?

Cheers rich

Hope you get it sorted,,great system is AFL,when it's working correctly,but a nightmare when faulty.
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Bit of info for future reference, I priced a unit up from the parts department and it’s £180 inc vat.

Location - I asked the parts guy to check for this and it’s behind the passenger side plastic wheel arch liner.

I’m going to have a look to see if there’s anything out of place.

I’ll update as I progress, there must be a dozen threads on the issue asking for help without an ending!

Comment

So,is it just swap over new module,or does it need programming to car ?
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I get the feeling it may need programming mate, a pure guess would say the parameters will need setting unless they are stored on ecu?

Comment

Good luck on the fix mate,and keep us in the loop,like you say,too many unfinished threads,,be nice to get a positive fix on the record for future ref

Comment

Working...
            X