Paint Stripper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Stripper

Something I’ve not used before, basic knowledge of it I know it can take paint off metal [emoji23]

So I want to know if there is anything out there which would allow me to take paint off a plastic trim without damaging it?

I don’t want to use a scouring pad as it will just scratch.

So anything recommended chaps?

Ash,what you removing paint from ?

Can you test paintstripper on an inconspicuous area,,dab on with brush,then remove with a rag
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Having seen cars in the breakers yard where nitromors has been used all the plastic is melted, I remember one where none of the doors could open as they had melted the handle together.

What sort of paint how long has it been on where is it etc. You could speak to a local bodyshop for advice if it's car related that is.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
        Ash,what you removing paint from ?

Can you test paintstripper on an inconspicuous area,,dab on with brush,then remove with a rag

These have been wrapped, but before painted, and wondered if they would go back to chrome

Comment

Try a soft rag soaked in paint thinners
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Going to try some nail varnish remover first . Not mine

Comment

On the pathfinder all the door switch trims were scratched , and needed to be painted I used cellulose thinners to clean the old paint off with no problem.
              I guess it depends on the plastic though , I would suggest try it on the under side of the part you want to strip to see how stable the plastic is

Comment

Jet wash,not set too hot?
                Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Just an update I’ve not yet tried anything as I’ve been out with the family. Will hopefully give it a go tomorrow

Comment

Brake fluid always used to work, but you'd have check on a surface that doesn't show first!

Comment

Well ive tried it and its not great.

Recon i might either get them wrapped again or buy new

Comment

Working...
                      X