X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loss of power....after dpf clean

INSIGNIA 2.0LTR CDTI SRI

2HRS daily motorway use
    started losing power (almost like it was switched off similar to limp mode except slow and gradual power you could gain speed) if i turned off engine and back on the power would return, i took it to get a diagnostic
    this is what came back

C0246 & C0055 invalid data from brake control module
    P2458 DPF REGENERATION TIME
    P2282 MAF SENSOR PERFORMANCE
    P0297 VEHICLE OVERSPEED ?
    P1409 EGR CONTROL CIRCUIT

the car kept switching off power more and more frequently until it just stopped resetting and stayed in a low power mode, it eventually it just came to a halt a hundred yards from home.

I have since cleaned the air filter removed jet washed the DPF, cleaned the turbo and air sensor between the air filter and turbo, checked the pipes and cleaned the two sensors that plug into it.

car is running again but still no power, however it does have more than it did and the dpf full light has not come back on, which it only did for the first time when i replaced it and first fired it up.

i took it out and had it in high revs but still the power has not switched back to normal, i fear that it wont regenerate< could be wrong and it could be something else?

any advice welcome

I'd say:
    Dump the air filter and fit a new one.
    Forget about jet washing the DPF being effective, its not, if it was blocked, jet washing wont sort it.
    I'd check the pressure pipe from the exhaust back to the pressure sensor for any leaks/cracks, which may have lead to issue.
    To me, the DPF may be blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
      I'd say:
      Forget about jet washing the DPF being effective, its not, if it was blocked, jet washing wont sort it.
      I'd check the pressure pipe from the exhaust back to the pressure sensor for any leaks/cracks, which may have lead to issue.
      so i drove it for a good 30 mins in 3rd gear, no more power, no regeneration, it came up again the warning light as i started it, dpf FULL, i checked the pipe no crack.
      It stopped driving completely, i think the jet wash cleared enough to let it get started and moving but it will end up stopping again.

what would you do delete or get a new dpf?

Comment

As I understand it with the new MOT rules your only option is too replace the dpf ,you can not remove it

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
          As I understand it with the new MOT rules your only option is too replace the dpf ,you can not remove it
          Hi thanks for your input, i completely understand that, however some people are deleting, i dont want to do that i have too much respect for our environment.

What i am driving at here is, i don't want to go down the route of getting a new or used dpf replacing it and still having no power.

Process of illimination, i read yesterday that over speed can turn off the fuel, and also that it could simply be the pressure sensor or "what's the name of the other one that goes into it?
          r
          Could it be that something else is reponsible for my dpf not regenerating, im going to check now that its not air related throttle control etc.

Is there a way i can test out if my car has power and it is the DPF?? i.e. unattach it and drive it or will that bust the turbo??

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
            I'd say:
            Si took the pipes out and the throttle body is caked in over 1.5cm in grime and oil kind of substance, cleaning the throttle body and pipes now, could this be the issue or is this the result?

Comment

Working...
            X