No announcement yet.

Red Light Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talking about cameras, anyone know if those twin yellow speed cameras on smart motorways are live running 24 hours, and not just during restricted speed limit times

Comment

Sure I read on parts of the m1 near us they were going to use them for over 70mph as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        Talking about cameras, anyone know if those twin yellow speed cameras on smart motorways are live running 24 hours, and not just during restricted speed limit times
        I believe that they are live as I have seen them flash when no restrictions are on the matrix signs.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
          Sure I read on parts of the m1 near us they were going to use them for over 70mph as well.
          Which is laughable idea, seeing as nearly 50% of the M1 is now blocked up with long term road works, they'll be lucky to even get the camera's to register a car going any faster than the posted speed....

that said however,
          Just how do trucks get away with constantly overtaking / undertaking vehicles that are sitting at the posted limit..ie 50 mph,
          i use the M1 constantly and am amazed at trucks doing nearly sixty, whilst cars are sticking to the limit..

Oh and there is one camera just inside the 'Luton' 50 mph restriction zone that seems to flash whenever it spots a car it likes, honest.. I've seen cars scoot past the camera at 60 + mph, and the camera hasn't even 'twitched', and then days later whilst crawling through an accident in the same spot, the speed was set at 40, and cars were crawling past at around 20/25 and the camera was doing it's best impression of David Bailey...
          Chris

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
            Correct 24 hour even with no restriction on some parts such as the section after J29 going south towards London. recently became 4 lanes with trucks allowed in 3 of them so you end up with everyone swapping lanes to avoid them. One needs eyes everywhere when its busy, then they want you to watch the speedo as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post

that said however,
              Just how do trucks get away with constantly overtaking / undertaking vehicles that are sitting at the posted limit..ie 50 mph,
              i use the M1 constantly and am amazed at trucks doing nearly sixty, whilst cars are sticking to the limit...

I think someone has got a grudge against trucks.
              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

not a grudge,

just wondering if there are different 'settings' to these cameras... as a professional driver my speed is one of the most important things i have to be concerned about..(i loose my licence, i loose my livelihood),

if it helps, i do like to pull alongside car drivers playing on their phones, and just beep the horn and show them six fingers whilst shaking my head...you'd be surprised just how quick somebody can drop a phone.. (added to the fact that my work uniform looks very similar to a traffic cop uniform...)
                Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                  not a grudge,

just wondering if there are different 'settings' to these cameras... as a professional driver my speed is one of the most important things i have to be concerned about..(i loose my licence, i loose my livelihood),

if it helps, i do like to pull alongside car drivers playing on their phones, and just beep the horn and show them six fingers whilst shaking my head...you'd be surprised just how quick somebody can drop a phone.. (added to the fact that my work uniform looks very similar to a traffic cop uniform...)
                  so you let go of steering wheel thats scary

Comment

Working...
                  X