Holiday hire car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holiday hire car

Currently in Gran Canaria with the in laws and we fancied a day out so hired a car. Seeing as it was only a day and we needed room for 4 adults and the little one in her car seat we went for a Jeep Compass which they didn’t have but upgraded us to a Jeep Cherokee...what a steaming pile of American crap it was to drive!! Made me appreciate how good our GS Tourer is.

It was fine on the two/three lane roads but up in the mountains it was like a tank not just handling etc but to see out of as well plus it bonged at you for everything!! Interior was awful with a stereo screen that was nearly smaller than my phone and the dash told you nowt. By far one of the worst hire cars I’ve had.

They haven't made a good motor since the old Willys Jeep!
    American cars are for straight roads and making the tyres squeal when going round corners (especially driving on grass in films)
    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Currently in France and due to going to the states next month we’ve flown down for a week and sharing a hire car with the in laws instead of driving down as normal.

They booked the car and we’ve ended up with a renault kadjar with a 140 bhp petrol engine. Dull to drive, found it was in eco mode so took it out and it’s slightly less dull. It’s quite a posh version though and has led matrix lights which are good.

Looking forward to the states though as there are 6 of us so hired a Chevy suburban or similar...if we get the Chevy it’s a 5.7 v8 and is two feet longer than a GS tourer!! The other option we may get is the extra long version of a Ford Explorer which has the same 3.5 v6 ecoboost from the Ford GT.

Comment

Working...
      X