Water in passenger rear door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in passenger rear door

Driving home today, and noticed that my rear passenger door speaker sounded tinny and was vibrating. Upon closer inspection, I noticed water in the speaker grill and a slight bit in the foot well, but nothing too serious. Anyway, I shut the door and opened it again and a stream of water came pouring from the drain hose on the bottom of the door, must have been a good couple of litres. I noticed a flap on the drain hole, maybe this blocked it up and caused the issue, is it worth pulling the flap off, or is is something more sinister. Clearly it's rain water, as the weather has been shocking, but why is it collecting in the door and not draining away, checked the other doors and they are fine. Any help would be appreciated

Pull the rubber bungs out of bottom of all doors and bin them
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I thought that may have been the case, they are like a small flap on the end of the drain tubes. Do I just pull them off as you say.. Stupid idea really, fitting a flap on a drain channel, as I said as soon as the flap opened the water pissed out... I'm going to remove the door card and check for any speaker damage,, can't drive without my music..

Comment

Take the whole bung out
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Cheers, I will remove them all when I inspect the speaker. Many thanks for your advice. Basically it's a simple fix..

Comment

Ridiculous idea. They stopped fitting them on later models and just left the holes bare.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Take them all out as the others have said and check the other doors while you are at it ��

Comment

Working...
              X