Mods! Whos done what?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods! Whos done what?!?

So, ive had my Siggy now for a week and i know already my desired mod list! performance first.. I have the 140 brake VX Line and im going to whack a k&n panel filter on, custom twin exhaust build (nothing mad or noisy just something similar to the oval but one on other side) and a nice remap

What has anyone else done mod wise? body or engine or anything? Pics welcome the body for me is a secret and will be unveiled when done Also does anyone know if i can upgrade my screen, i dont have a NAV model but want the 8 inch screen with NAV, can this be done?

1st part priced up and saving has commenced

Peace out! Dave

Mods! Whos done what?!?

I have the sri Nav 2.0 cdti, 2009.

Since I have had it I have done all the small mods, like Led interior lights, door pins wind deflectors etc.

I the upgraded the alloys to 19 Pentas and added the vx line kit.

Then got the vx line gear stick and steering wheel.

Then got some aftermarket headlights. The 2xcite ones.

Then changed the alloys again to the 20 inch twin spoke vx lines.

15 mm wheel spacers and lowering springs 40mm

Changed the seats to sri leather

Reverse camera connected to DVD 800

Dual exhaust.

Vxr grill

Then changed alloys again to 20 irmischer and had 20 mm spacers added.

Also recently changed the front and rear bumper to vxr and changed my lights again to copy AFL.

Oh and led rear lights as well

When I first got the car

During

Now

sigpic

Comment

Like a party pooper, Ive done nothing non factory, except for my dog 'cage' in the back. Booring. But I can still pull the load cover with the 'cage' in place (when doggy not in place). Now that's something not everyone can claim, well anything Vauxhall or others offer.

Comment

I got my 14 plate vx line in February.
        Mods done -
        Twin exit exhaust.
        Full leather.
        Chrome mirrors.
        Chrome handles.
        Retro fitted heat pads into the seats.
        Interior LEDs.
        Hid kit.
        LED fog lights.
        Shark fin aerial.
        20's with new tyres.
        Front and rear parking sensors.
        LED number plate lights.
        Chrome door pins.
        Led panels in boot.
        Vauxhall puddle lights.
        Led foot well lights
        Heko wind deflectors.
        Voltmeter.
        Drilled and grooved MTec discs and pads.
        Moulded mudflaps.
        Later model black grille.
        De badged.
        Genuine mats.
        USB charger points.
        Full size spare.
        Boot riser.
        Custom foot rest.
        Sunglasses holders above both front doors.
        USB and aux extension.

Front bumper is coming back today after a full respray....so I'll need to build it all back up and refit.

I think that's about all for now.
        Last edited by RBH; 06-06-2018, 05:42 AM.

Comment

No mods.
          I like my car to blend in with the crowd, un-noticed, hence I have the Elite spec rather than VXR spec.

It also means I have more money to put aside for my next car (I don't borrow money to buy cars) and it means I have a good pot of money that I can dip into to ensure my current cars get the repairs and maintenance they need.
          For example: earlier this year I spent £1k on keeping my car in tip-top mechanical condition with a major service, brake fluid change, full set of quality tyres and some minor repairs (wiper blade, washer jet). I could have got away with just one tyre, minor service and no brake fluid change.
          I also spend a bit extra on fuel and run it on Momentum 99.

Comment

There are so good lists there i cant wait to get started body wise im not going too mad, im gonna dechrome in 4d carbon wrap and also do the roof in the same carbon, and some black aftermarket 20s or paint the grey on the atomics black to blend a bit better and of course lowered with sheel spacers ill get some pics up after its done

Comment

Yeah I like mine to have a pretty standard look. Most of the mods on my last car were to try to make a base model look a bit more specced. No need to do that this time around. I like mine as it is. Though I plan on going black with my wheels because I don't like diamond cut.

Done
              Aluminum door pins
              LED headlights

To do
              Fit a chrome tip to the exhaust
              Get the wheels done black

I've just turned 50 so boy racer days are behind me. Bought the car because I love the look of it so why change it.

That's about it.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Have a look in the members cars section. Lots of ideas

This one is mine

Comment

Hardwired dash cams, front and rear
                  Removed CD400 and replaced with Android aftermarket GPS.
                  Fitted wind deflectors, but didn't like so removed.
                  Removed rubber bungs from door bottoms.
                  Fitted permanent 12V socket in boot.
                  Fitted second light in boot.
                  Changed all interior lights to led's + number plate lights.

Comment

Not much to my Elite:
                    Wind deflectors
                    led interior lights
                    Polished Alloy Door Pins
                    Led panel reg Lights
                    Chrome Strips on Front Fog Surrounds
                    Alloy Pedal Covers
                    To Do:
                    2nd Boot Light.
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Believe me its really amazing site to bought tires for your vehicle. Specially i appreciated efforts of designer and technical info provider. Now my Audi is using R15 Tires and happy to bought after.
                      Last edited by marko301; 05-03-2021, 08:58 PM. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Originally posted by jacksmithx View Post
                        Believe me its really amazing site to bought tires for your vehicle. Specially i appreciated efforts of designer and technical info provider. Now my Audi is using R15 Tires and happy to bought after.
                        I've now asked twice and it seems to be ignored - your on an insignia site - your details say you have a Mercedes now you say you have an Audi.

so which is it gonna be???
                        Last edited by marko301; 05-03-2021, 08:58 PM. Reason: Removed link from quote

Comment

Originally posted by jacksmithx View Post
                          Spam, Spam, Spam.
                          Last edited by marko301; 05-03-2021, 08:59 PM. Reason: Removed link from quote

Comment

Originally posted by Drew View Post

Spam, Spam, Spam.
                            without a doubt - posted up about snowfoam and a link to it - on the entertainment section.

Comment

Ban hammer time!
                              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                              X