Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

" Low oil pressure, stop engine" warning on recently bought car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In your own words the car looked and drove mint, it has full service history and the MOT history with no advisories also supports that the car has had no previous major faults. It has 139k miles on the clock so things are likely to start failing even though there is history of major parts already being replaced.

In what way has the seller not accurately described the car or has misrepresented? How can you prove that he was aware of any issues at the time of the sale? After all you had the car a week, I assume you did a test drive and gave the vehicle a good inspection before buying, and have now done in excess 90 miles since buying it. Has the seller lied??

If you're buying from a private seller, the onus is on you as the buyer to ask all the right questions before making the purchase. The seller doesn't have to volunteer extra information so, if you don't ask questions, you may not have the full picture of the car's history or be aware of any potential faults.
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Unfortunately I agree.

It’s going to be very hard for you to show the last owner knew of these faults.

You have had to spend allot on repairs but at least you know work has been done and Garage has had a good look over it and nothing else is faulty. You should have no issues now going forward. It’s the problem buying 2nd hand, unless you get an AA inspection or something like that small problems could always come to light later down the line. It’s just unfortunate this issue on yours was a big expense!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyPaws View Post
        Car ran perfect, no noise or knocks. Mechanic told me most of those errors might be because it has been jump started before. After the initial fixes they will reset it and see if something pops up again.
        I got a call today from garage and they did not have to take gearbox off, which is good. Pump was fine as well. Not good is that rear left spring is split in half and exhaust needed that filter type of thingy ( cant remember what its called )
        So far bill is going to be £700. As soon as I get receipts from garage il take him to small claim court and see what happens.
        Fingercross for you pal. The thingy is called Flexi Pipe

Comment

I dont think its going to be easy either but I do have facebook logs, diagnostics, plus his super dodgy behaviour ( blocking me from everywhere right after the deal ). I might not get all the money out of him to fix it but hopefully I get something. Its still better than doing nothing. Crappy situation none the less

Comment

I dont think its going to be easy either but I do have facebook logs, diagnostics, plus his super dodgy behaviour ( blocking me from everywhere right after the deal ). I might not get all the money out of him to fix it but hopefully I get something. Its still better than doing nothing. Crappy situation none the less
            Good luck. Keep us posted
            sigpic

Comment

It costed me £664 for seal, spring and flexi pipe. Went to pick it up today and mechanic told me car has developed a knock. He told me that it only knocks when starting it but when driven its fine. They hope that something is just loose and thats it. I think that engine is toast and thats it. £3500 well spent.

Comment

It costed me £664 for seal, spring and flexi pipe. Went to pick it up today and mechanic told me car has developed a knock. He told me that it only knocks when starting it but when driven its fine. They hope that something is just loose and thats it. I think that engine is toast and thats it. £3500 well spent.
                Have they investigated or going to investigate the knock further?

Fingers crossed its not terminal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                  Have they investigated or going to investigate the knock further?

Fingers crossed its not terminal.
                  Yeah I left car there. One of the exhaust mounts were broken so at first they thought its that but after fixing that nothing changed. They asked me about flywheel but according to paper it was changed 15th January. I dont think they can go bad that fast unless it was badly installed.

Comment

Knocking on start up is not good and must be as a result from the work they have done as it didn't knock before. I would be asking a lot more questions about how they managed to change the oil seal without removing the gearbox. How reliable / trustworthy is this garage? Have they done this type of work before? If it were me, I'd be very sceptical about what they have done
                    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                      Knocking on start up is not good and must be as a result from the work they have done as it didn't knock before. I would be asking a lot more questions about how they managed to change the oil seal without removing the gearbox. How reliable / trustworthy is this garage? Have they done this type of work before? If it were me, I'd be very sceptical about what they have done
                      I just got a call from them and it ended up being loose mounting on the back of the gearbox. Hopefully after resetting ECU no more faults show up. Its been a roller coaster of emotions.

Comment

Fingerscross it turns out ok.

Comment

I just got a call from them and it ended up being loose mounting on the back of the gearbox. Hopefully after resetting ECU no more faults show up. Its been a roller coaster of emotions.
                          I'd be getting all this documented in case any gearbox issues in the future. The F40 box is pretty bulletproof so any future problems could have been caused by the work they have done

Comment

Hey, sorry for bringing up an old thread, but I've had the low pressure warning since October, generally when first starting, the car was serviced before I bought it, in a hurry, so wondering could the wrong oil have been used and is bringing up the warning as I've driven over 8000kms since?

Comment

If you have read all of the thread
                              get it booked in as soon as possible to have the seal done.

Comment

Originally posted by Seanio View Post
                                If you have read all of the thread
                                get it booked in as soon as possible to have the seal done.
                                As said

Comment

Working...
                                X