Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

" Low oil pressure, stop engine" warning on recently bought car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barging my way-hay through and saying -
    That if anything with a red light or a pretty little polite message comes up on your dashboard,,,,, don't ignore it
    It's not there for show it's there trying to tell you that what ever is wrong is hurting the car .
    So turn off pronto and don't re-start till properly sorted .no matter what anyone says , because the onus will be on you not the other person , forums only give advice and cannot be held responsible if anything goes wobbly .
    So if it dose pop up
    Best thing would be to change
    Oil pump
    Oil pick up seal
    Oil pressure switch
    As a belts and braces type thing .
    Suns out the sky is blue and sparrows are tweeting in my garden
    All is Rosie with the world !

.K.M.P.C.U
    YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Samuel123 View Post
      Got my seal changed, mechanic gave me the old one, rock solid like plastic he said it should be flexible like rubber, also serviced and replaced some of these bloody expensive glow plugs, hopefully they'll see the car out.
      160,000 mile on the clock hopefully I'll get another 150,000 out of it.
      He just said service regularly and she'll last for years.
      Where did you get this done for this price? Everywhere I have looked want around 8-900 pound!

Comment

MB MOTORS at Keighley is the expert on these oil seals.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

So does this problem occur in other Vauxhalls which use the 2.0CDTi engine?

There were also several different variants, ranging from 130, 140, 160, 163, 165, 170 hp and even the 195 Bi-Turbo. Are they all equally affected or was it engines of a certain hp rating and/or from certain years or certain models?

I haven't seen many people complain about Astra J, Zafira C etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
            So does this problem occur in other Vauxhalls which use the 2.0CDTi engine?

There were also several different variants, ranging from 130, 140, 160, 163, 165, 170 hp and even the 195 Bi-Turbo. Are they all equally affected or was it engines of a certain hp rating and/or from certain years or certain models?

I haven't seen many people complain about Astra J, Zafira C etc.
            it was all the A20 cdtis, before the adblue B20 engines replaced them,so 65/16 plate and previous
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Even the Saab 9-3 TTID when they first came out we were having a few owners come on our forum complaining of oil light flashing when first started from cold , and the cure was supposed to be replace the oil pressure switch but some still had the issue , and they had to live with it .
              And the Saab 9-5 NG exactly the same power plant as the insignia.
              But of course as rare as a virgin in littlehampton
              28-32 rubber seal !

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Does it tend to usually happen after a certain age/mileage?
                Is it the kind of thing that would be wise to have done with clutch and flywheel if/when they fail, or does it frequently fail sooner?

Could it be related to number of regens or failed regens which contaminate the oil with diesel?

Reason I'm asking is that I have a need for a 'rough use' diesel and I have a few A20DTH Vauxhalls in mind as possibilities.

Comment

Lack of serviceing , wrong grade of oil
                  As you say contaminated oil through failed regens .
                  But the truble is , if you buy one you don't knkw how it's been treated in the past
                  So you are buying blind no matter what the seller says .
                  Your first tell tail sign will be the message pinging up when starting from cold .
                  When I had mine all was well till the outside temperature fell below freezing then it pinged up !
                  The truble is thease cars were loved by fleet buyers , so there are so many around, and with so many around you will be seeing more of this .
                  Everywhere I go there's at least 5 insignias I see that's how popular they are .
                  Not to say they all,have that ticking time bomb.
                  As far as renewal of the seal ,some have cut outs in the bell housing so gearbox dose not have to be removed
                  You can still make 2 holes in the bell housing to assist removal of the sump .
                  So effectively the gearbox dose not have to be removed.
                  If you want peace of mind get it replaced .
                  10-4 good buddy!

.K.M.P.C.U
                  YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                    But the truble is , if you buy one you don't knkw how it's been treated in the past
                    Your first tell tail sign will be the message pinging up when starting from cold .
                    When I had mine all was well till the outside temperature fell below freezing then it pinged up !
                    The truble is thease cars were loved by fleet buyers , so there are so many around, and with so many around you will be seeing more of this .
                    Everywhere I go there's at least 5 insignias I see that's how popular they are .
                    As far as renewal of the seal ,some have cut outs in the bell housing so gearbox dose not have to be removed
                    10-4 good buddy!
                    Having done mines I'd definitely recommend doing it as a part service schedule with a guesstimate of 50k ISH, so definitely second your post.
                    Ours lasted till 146k to my knowledge before needing changed

Comment

Originally posted by lizzard-t View Post
                      10-4 good buddy!
                      I spent a while searching other forums and can't find many occurrences on Astra J 160/165 models.

So is it a problem with the Insignia 163 variant (maybe slightly different design or built in different factory/different parts supplier)?

Or is it not actually that high as a % of cars, but with the huge number of 2.0CDTi Insignias on the roads means that even if only 1% of them fail, it's still a large number?

For example, Autotrader has 1616 Insignias with the 2.0CDTi for sale. I can imagine there being 20x that many in total on UK roads.

Comment

So I just had mine done I took it to a local independent garage it was £1080 including a full service and an mot and a new horn(for the mot)
                        Car is 2011 and done 68000 miles and we have had it from 3000 miles it has been serviced as per the service schedule.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by stavros View Post
                          So I just had mine done I took it to a local independent garage it was £1080 including a full service and an mot and a new horn(for the mot)
                          Car is 2011 and done 68000 miles and we have had it from 3000 miles it has been serviced as per the service schedule.

​​​​​​
                          Did it need to be done or did you choose to have it done?

Which engine version? (130/140/160 etc)

What kind of usage does the car get? Does it do quite a few short journeys which might interrupt regens?

Is the service history all by Vauxhall or have local/independent garages done some of it?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by stavros View Post

​​​​​​

thats wwwaaaaayyyyyyyy too expensive for whats been done

Comment

Definitely agree Rab cost me around the 150 mark in parts

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                                Definitely agree Rab cost me around the 150 mark in parts
                                Well....basing it on Frank - £200 and that's him doing the job and supplying all parts, oils etc.

Mines gets done this/next week and it's cost me £65 all in for the parts - oil seal, sump plug, 5 litres dextos2, 3 litres of gear oil, oil filter, fuel filter, air filter and pollen filter.
                                I'm putting a new sump pan on too so that was an extra £50....so I'm at £115 for all that.

Definitely been stung stavros

Comment

Working...
                                X