Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Door handle chrome strip missing - 2012 Insignia Elite.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door handle chrome strip missing - 2012 Insignia Elite.

The chrome strip on the driver’s door handle of my Insignia Elite has dropped off! Is this a common occurrence? I have seen sets of chrome “covers” advertised for Insignia door handles, which don’t appear to be the same thing (looks like they wrap around the handles, whereas the proper thing is inset into the outer face of the handle, leaving the rest of the handle in the colour of the car body). Doesn’t look like it was glued on – more likely clipped in place?
    Does anyone know if these chrome pieces are available as a separate item from the door handle itself? I imagine a complete new handle would be an astronomical expense, since they are colour coded to the car, not to mention the cost of fitting it!

You are referring to the outer door elite chrome handle strip?

Comment

I got my chrome items from eBay.
      Not the full covers as I didn't want them.

The ones I got were only a fiver posted at the time, but I see them on AliExpress......I'm happy enough with them.

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        I got my chrome items from eBay.
        Not the full covers as I didn't want them.
        When you say "not the full covers", do you mean they weren't the type that I have been looking at on Ebay, that cover the whole handle?
        If so, I'd like to get hold of some, especially if they are similar to the original. By the way, what is "AliExpress?
        Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          You are referring to the outer door elite chrome handle strip?
          Yes sriray, that's the one.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulleteer View Post
            Yes sriray, that's the one.
            You can get genuine ones from the dealer or non genuine from Aliexpress.

Comment

GM Part no 13288092 - £4.76

Also 1 on ebay mate - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...m4383.l4275.c1

Comment

Originally posted by Bulleteer View Post
                When you say "not the full covers", do you mean they weren't the type that I have been looking at on Ebay, that cover the whole handle?
                If so, I'd like to get hold of some, especially if they are similar to the original. By the way, what is "AliExpress?
                Cheers!
                These are the very ones I have.... extremely happy with them

Comment

Originally posted by Poolie8 View Post
                  GM Part no 13288092 - £4.76

Also 1 on ebay mate - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VAUXHALL-...m4383.l4275.c1
                  Thanks for that Poolie8. I've just ordered the Ebay one - that should do nicley!

Also thanks RBH - good to know there's more options out there!

Comment

Working...
                  X