getting rid of ashtray smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting rid of ashtray smell

Just purchased a cheap runabout and it smells like an ashtray, Any tips on how to get rid of smell?

Febreze spray works well.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Think there's some under sink I will go and give it good spray. Thanks

Comment

Or start smoking
        sigpic

Comment

Dettol all in one disinfectant spray can be spayed on all surfaces. I'd put the full can on from top to bottom.

Also might be worth getting one of those air con sprays that you set off with the air con on so it freshens all the vents etc..
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

This is what i used on my car. The previous owner of my car was a smoker. Brought the car at 2 years old from a dealer which i thought it was new car smell turned out to be nico odour mix in with new car smell.
            Tried all sorts no avail until someone on another forum recommended this which worked a charm.
            Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Valet Pro Enzyme Odour Eater 1l ValetPro Car Valeting UK 1 Litre at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ilunn View Post
                Thanks guys.
                Yes also as mark mentioned change the pollen filter, it will be pure black, and use a air con bomb.
                Something like this

So remove pollen filter, which you have to remove glovebox to gain access, then turn on engine stick the air con bomb in run it for how long it says in the can, then put in new pollen filter, and refit glovebox.

Comment

I bought a car a few years ago that had a hint of smoke in it once the dealer scent had worn off.

I was fortunate that whenever the car wasn't needed I could leave it in my garage with the windows open a quarter-inch (no more in case mice get in!) or on fine days I'd leave it in the sun on my driveway with the windows slightly open. After several weeks the smell had become just a tiny background hint that you wouldn't know was smoke.

The main thing is to get the trapped smell out, through 'airing' or cleaning, rather than try to mask it with powerful scents.

Comment

I'd vacuum then use a carpet washer on all fabric to get any embedded ash out
                    Wipe down the whole interior with water with a little bit of washing up liquid in it
                    Also clean the pollen filter etc as mentioned above

Comment

getting rid of ashtray smell

We had this in my daughters Corsa, it stank of cigarettes, if you left it closed in the sun the smell was even worse. We tried fabreze, worked for a few hours/days. In the end I used the vax carpet cleaner on all of the seats and carpets I could get at and then left the windows open, it seemed like weeks. By the time she sold it it didn’t smell.

Comment

Ok tonight sprayed half bottle of febreze getting most of inside dampish then car into garage (idea being it does not dry too fast) as dont need car for few days have then ordered holts Bom mentioned few post's back when I'm back home Tuesday will give the roof lining a good spray and if Bom turns up hope to run that and again leave car in cool garage fow few more days I have also got half a tin of aircon cleaner foam so when i find the tube will blast that into vents. Will update with verdict.

Comment

Working...
                        X