Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Pity you are so far away (I'm in Nottinghamshire and sometimes near Harrogate North Yorkshire) as second pair of ears might help. Another thought I had which happened to me "have the wiper blades been changed" I had new screen fitted and the blade was sat to high and not in there rest position. Check would be to remove if there is know likelihood of rain.

Car
    Insignia cdti 160 sri
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did try the wipers idea but no joy and thank you for the offer i'd take you up on that if I lived closer. I did about 60 miles today and it's windy out... sounded like one of those old fashioned kettles grrrrrr!! Only way to drown it out is to crack the window a bit. What a joke with a well kitted out good looking car! Seems to be a lot of wind noise down the drivers side but I've checked everything possible. I'd pay someone to solve the problem... I don't listen to all that much music so I'm fubar with it.

If I was one of the those people (we all know one) who gets a new car every time the ash tray is full or just to use up assets...i'd give it the boot over this. Even my passengers are asking what it is. Must be a draft getting in and hitting someone that resonates or at just the right angle to whistle. Totally beaten :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Years ago i had Omega that did something similar I read somewhere that the heater flaps (the ones behind dash) sometimes needed re-setting as they were being opened closed via the ECU to control the flow of heat/cooling as required, I would do some internet searching to see if one of the behind dash flaps is not fully closed.
    EDIT 13:30 on 14th June.
    Just been looking at a problem with the mrs's GLA The rubber that fits to top of door and seals against window has started to crumble and some comments are the chemicals some car wash guys use can affect rubber. Have you checked yours closely?
    See here:-
    http://s1118.photobucket.com/user/ir...?sort=3&page=1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2