Heads Up Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post

Looks straight enough to me, note the dash itself at the back is curved to contour the bonnet shape
    Image links are broken. Or is it just me? Hope the move is going ok, Neal?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Can you not see them buddy

Try now?

Yes ok but re location, jobs changing kids moving out everything at once

Comment

Neal,, thanks for your help,,,,,,I've still got one left in the nest,, you can have him if you're missing yours,,, he's fully house trained,, honest

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
          Can you not see them buddy

Try now?

Yes ok but re location, jobs changing kids moving out everything at once
          No but looks like James got what he needed to know anyway.

Have you moved towns then?
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
            Like the Audi ones I've seen there is not a lot of effort gone into incorporating it with the dash. Bit of an eyesore. But hell of a feature. I'd love it.

Comment

Ah the image links are working now.

Originally posted by buttons View Post
              Like the Audi ones I've seen there is not a lot of effort gone into incorporating it with the dash. Bit of an eyesore. But hell of a feature. I'd love it.
              Yeah I thought that when I saw Neal's at RV. It's like a stuck on add on. My none display one which projects flashing leds on the screen as part of the collision alert is much smaller and sits neater in the dash. That is how the head up display one should look.

I'm not jealous....Honest!

Comment

Sorry guys, been busy!!

I'll take a pic and put it up tonight, looks straight enough to me tbh. Pretty much like neal's!

Comment

Not yet but about to move jobs and move house to chippenham so 70 miles from where we are now, wife has new job too and kids moving out so its all happening

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                    I love it, its a great feature

Comment

I'll borrow this topic to discuss about the HUD.

Has anyone else noticed, that in some lighting conditions the HUD's plastic casing/edges reflect quite visibly from the windshield directly in driver's field of view? When there was light source (normal sunny daylight) pointed on the dashboard I found it to be somewhat disturbing on a test drive, but on darker driving conditions it won't be a problem. I started already planning on putting some anti-reflective mat or coating on top of it, to reduce the reflective effect. Polarized sunglasses could also eliminate the reflection mostly, but then the HUD display itself would most likely be invisible too.

How have you guys felt about it? Do you get used to it?

Example image below (not from my car).

Click image for larger version

Name:	hud.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	242693

Comment

HUD for sports tourer

I bought my sports tourer through network Q. It has everything that I need except HUD and power folding mirrors. Vauxhall tell me that these cannot be retro fitted. So I bought the HUD unit from Halfords and the display information is limited and very unlike the factory fitted HUD. Yet the information is coming from the HUD2 socket. Anyone have information please?

Comment

Working...
                        X