Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insignia Engine Issues and looking fora car!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia Engine Issues and looking fora car!

After my siggy being written off (it was my pride and joy!), I'm looking for a new car.

I thought I'd found one, a 2014 Elite 140bhp 65k miles.

I spoke to my mechanic who said that he has spoken to a lot of fellow mechanics who have said that there is a common fault with the 2.0 engine and they are unreliable.

After a google search, I did find a lot of posts about engines seizing, bearings going and trashing the engine.

Now I'm uncertain what to do as I was going to buy the car tomorrow but it's put doubt in my mind!

My 2012 SE was bullet proof. I really looked after it and it and in 3 years and 60k miles in it, I never spent anything on it other than regular servicing, belt and water pump and tyres. In my head, they were great engines.

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Is it the 160bhp and not the 140bhp? The other way round?

Any advice would be gratefully accepted!

Thanks!
    Bri

There is a few members who have had this issue,all down to an oil pick up seal in the sump.Oil seal is cheap,but the expense on labour is the killer.Not sure weather mileage plays a part or just luck.Some members will be around to advise when they see the post.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thank you Howy. So the seal isn't something that's easy to get to on a service?
      IS that across all engines or only the 160bhp?

Comment

Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
        Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

It's a sump off job,and in some cases the gearbox has to be loosened off to access some of the sump bolts,which is the reason for the labour expense. It's not just a 160 problem
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I've not heard of it happening on the facelift though, which I assume the 2014 one you are looking at is.
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thanks everybody. Yes, it's a facelift one with the led lights and new style nav etc. Will that have the newer engine?
              Perhaps I was lucky with my 2012 SE, it was a really honest, reliable car.

Comment

Any make of car can develop issues,the one your looking at could be as reliable as your last one,
                got to remember people are quick to post when their car cocks up,not so if it’s running fine.

or buy a Bmw ,they never have problems
                sigpic

Comment

Is it okay to say here that I have had 4 Rovers in the past then! And, fair point, yes. Any car can develop problems or not... Pot luck I guess? All we cna do is look after them as manufacturers state and hope!

Comment

I can't remember any reports on here of the oil pick up seal going on the facelift. they've all been pre facelift. A lot of older issues were addressed on the facelift....Like the M32 gearbox (also known as the chocolate box) on lower powered engines has upgraded bearings on the facelift so I can't remember hearing of any issues with that either.

The good thing about the facelifts is they've been around long enough now to show their weaknesses and the worry you have doesn't seem to be one of them.
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thank you Marko301! That's good news!

Comment

Same here not heard any oil pickup seal issues on the facelift.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                          X