Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Up Problems after oil and filter change

Hi,

I got my friend to change the oil and filter on my 2016 1.6 cdti today. We used the genuine Vauxhall parts. The first time I started the engine afterwards there was a pretty nasty metallic clattering noise. Switched it off and back on again it seemed fine. I drove home, stopped at a shop for 5 minutes and started again fine. I started it again an hour later and the clattering noise was back. Left it for about 3 hours to cool down, didn't make quite the same noise the next time but idled very rough and loudly for about a minute before it dropped to the normal idling sound. Took a video of the last start up if it helps... file is too large to transfer from my phone easily though!

I've been looking online for an answer, it seems common for the first start to be a bit rough, but fine after that. Or when it's not it's because the wrong oil or filter were used, so I'm a bit stumped tbh.

PS my friend services and rebuilds engines for a living so I don't think he's made any rookie mistakes.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas

Some info here if it is the same engine

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

None ideas here. Been servicing my cars since '96. Never had what your describing after an oil and filter change. There may be an underlying problem?
      Sure its under warranty anyway, maybe not any more?

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
        None ideas here. Been servicing my cars since '96. Never had what your describing after an oil and filter change. There may be an underlying problem?
        Sure its under warranty anyway, maybe not any more?
        Seems to be the same issue 0011728 linked to. Like it's taking time for oil to get around the engine. Been reading about oil filters and non return valves, not sure if this is applicable as filter for this car is the paper cartridge type.

Comment

So this morning it started as smoothly as ever, no rattling or rough idle. Subsequently it has started sounding a little bit rough but it may be just because I'm listening out for it. Guess I'll just need to wait and see if it comes back.

Comment

I personally would contact a vauxhall dealer and get this noise logged on their system now while the vehicle is still in warranty in case any problems further down the line. Make sure it is well documented and that you get a copy of the report
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
            X