Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting out and starting problems

Hi,
    Has anyone had this problem, car cuts out whilst driving, dangerous I know but been able to get to safe place lucky.
    When pulled over tried to start car, no crank! Lots of errors on dash, asking to reprogram windows for auto up and down. Service park assist, traction control icon lit etc. Cannot put electronic handbrake on either! No power to OBD port as scan tool won’t communicate whilst it’s in fault.
    Took car in to vauxhall they said it was battery, it wasn’t as the battery was only 2week old, played their game and bought their battery at £215.
    Car did same a week later.
    After car being in for 2 weeks vauxhall said car ok, told them it can’t be and it’s intermittent!
    Spoke to guy who worked in the back and told him problems.
    He then said sounds like a canbus problem, took them 2 weeks of running my car for it to fault to get a reading from it!
    Basically the oscilloscope will have been flat line I’ve been told.
    I’ve taken the car back as I need it but I was wondering if anyone with better knowledge out there can point me in right direction of what to test to try fix it myself!

Long post I know but thanks for taking time to read, any suggestions welcome!

Had the same issue, cutting out whilst driving, with my previous '09 2.0cdti elite ST. The car would 'cut out ' at random. Changed ECU but did not solve it. I part exchanged car at dealer I bought it from.
    Filter in the fuel tank clogged up with crap the culprit, causing low fuel pressure and the pump to shut down.
    No errors on the dash though, and would start fine after shut off so probably not the same issue as yours.

Comment

Would that stop it cranking and handbrake application?

Comment

Modern cars are so complicated these days. It can be anything. From wiring issues to module issues.
        It's quite hard to find the fault, as 1 fault can bring up multiple faults.
        Sorry can't help you, but I hope the stealers can use the diagnostic machine to narrow down to the cause.

But if I was guessing I would say a ecu fault, but could also be bcm fault.

Comment

Is the car totally standard? i.e. no aftermarket head units, hard wired dash cams etc that could be draining the battery?
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Had the same issue on a old car.. That was the crankshaft sensor

However like sriray said it could be anything!

My mrs car Audi A1 went into limp mode the other with a traction control fault, ABS fault, headlight fault and oil pressure fault. The culprit was a split HT lead. Changed that and everything was fine again! Unreal!

Comment

Working...
            X