My first Insignia [emoji106]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first Insignia [emoji106]

Ok Im thinking of purchasing my first Insignia tomorrow.

Its a 2014 Facelift 2.0 cdti SRi 140. It has 65k miles.

Is there anything I should look out for? And does this model have the M32 or F40 box?

Think it may have the M32 box, but have read somewhere that they upgraded the bearings on the facelift model.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
      Think it may have the M32 box, but have read somewhere that they upgraded the bearings on the facelift model.
      Right. Well heres hoping they did. As there is a lot of talk about the m32 box being absolute mush at times.

Comment

It has been known the 140 engine you getting most of them blow up at 70k .

Apart from the usual used car check, clutch, flywheel, weird engine noises, gear change smooth, no knocks that's about it.

The m32 box has been upgraded on the facelifts so it be fine in that regards.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          It has been known the 140 engine you getting most of them blow up at 70k .

Apart from the usual used car check, clutch, flywheel, weird engine noises, gear change smooth, no knocks that's about it.

The m32 box has been upgraded on the facelifts so it be fine in that regards.
          Hahaha great so il have a car for 5k miles then boom [emoji23] but yea il give it a good check over and then carefully make up my mind and thats good to hear about the gearboxes [emoji108] although itl still get looked after with regular oil changes etc..

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisInsignia28 View Post
            Hahaha great so il have a car for 5k miles then boom [emoji23] but yea il give it a good check over and then carefully make up my mind and thats good to hear about the gearboxes [emoji108] although itl still get looked after with regular oil changes etc..
            Haha. You will like the car providing you get a good one.
            The 140 should be very economical.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
              Haha. You will like the car providing you get a good one.
              The 140 should be very economical.
              [emoji106] i shall keep here posted. I will probably start a my car thread if i do purchase

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisInsignia28 View Post
                [emoji106] i shall keep here posted. I will probably start a my car thread if i do purchase
                Looking forward to it.

Comment

Ok folks, I went and viewed the car. Absolute gorgeous car all round. Started first pop and all was well. Checked clutch etc.. seemed perfect. Listened to it running and sounded quiet.. but there was some sort of noise as it was ticking over. Hard to describe it tbh but it sounded like a dim hissing sound every second. Not a constant sound but basically as it ticked over. Like something rubbing together. I dont know [emoji17] sorry if im sounding dumb here.

Comment

Nobody help me out here ??

Comment

If its what I'm thinking, it's common noise on a cold start up, some say it's aux belt that causes noise, others reckon it's water pump,, either way the noise does go away after a min or two after start up, if you like the car ask them to do the belts for you as part of deal
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                        If its what I'm thinking, it's common noise on a cold start up, some say it's aux belt that causes noise, others reckon it's water pump,, either way the noise does go away after a min or two after start up, if you like the car ask them to do the belts for you as part of deal
                        Yea was cold start up. Everything else sounded spot on tbh so il get up and give it another look over and this time take it a test drive to see how it feels. But I will mention the noise and then see if I can get the belts done to be on safe side. Thanks for the reply man. Gives me piece of mind too [emoji106]

Comment

I can't help Chris, I am sure someone here will help, but give us 24 hours at least. You should give more info if you can, upload a video with sound. You didn't say if it has full service history, do you get a warranty with it? How many previous owners? For all we know it could be an ex Taxi with 100k wiped off the clock. Good Insignias are good cars, but there are some bad ones, if you are not 100% sure, walk away, there are plenty out there. Good luck.

Comment

If its on 65k,it wouldn't hurt to get the belts done now anyway tbh
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yea it does have full History. Last service was 59k, so it probably just needs a service and belts done to be on the safe side.

Comment

Working...
                              X