Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car wont start, Engine turns, no fault codes, just wont start

Thread title says it all really

Just come home from a 160 mile trip, no hiccups, no warning lights , just nice smooth running
    Went to pop down the shops and no joy, car cranks over, engine light goes off as it does so but no hint of ignition

Car is a facelift A20DTH diesel SRI with stop-start

Engine is still warm so not the glow plugs
    Checked for error codes & it's all clear
    I can't hear the fuel pump as I try to start it so I checked the fuel pump fuse, don't know if there is a relay or where it would be.

Any ideas before I pay the local main dealer to pick it up ?

Battery??
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Do you not have AA RAC ? Could be worth getting them out at least they could give you an idea of the problem

Comment

Is it reading the chip in the key? Maybe try your spare?
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I remembered I've got homestart cover through my bank so gave them a shout, as far as they can tell I've got "No Fuel Rail Pressure"

Car has now been handed over to the local main dealer so if anybody needs a kidney one of mine is going up on ebay

Comment

Just had the Main Stealer on the phone, confirmed dead Fuel Pump. It's only going to cost £690...

The car has only done 74K miles

Comment

Now that you know whgat the problem is have you tried: https://www.clickmechanic.com/price-...mp-replacement

Parts seem about £100 so that's a lot in labour https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-B...cAAOSwIgNXr0Wg
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                Now that you know whgat the problem is have you tried: https://www.clickmechanic.com/price-...mp-replacement

Parts seem about £100 so that's a lot in labour https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-B...cAAOSwIgNXr0Wg
                I've got no way of moving the car, I'd have to pay somebody to pick it up + however much the main stealer wanted for the diagnosis

Comment

Did you get your car fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
                    Did you get your car fixed?
                    Car fixed, bank balance £690 lighter

Comment

Ouch..!
                      sigpic

Comment

Which fuel pump,,the one in tank,or the high pressure pump that's driven off belt
                        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Fixing a car is so bloody expensive these days, surprised so many old cars still on the road, as the repair is more or less same cost as the car.

Comment

Literally had the same issue last week woth fuel pump. Only 30K miles.

Comment

£690? you were lucky, my vx dealer has just quoted me £1150 for replacement pump🤬

Comment

Working...
                              X