Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOT Time......gulp !!

Well folks, my 11plate went in for the MOT on Saturday,

And i'm pleased to say she toddled through it with out anything other than a broken rear spring, and only one advisory ' a slight crack/chip' in the passenger side of the windscreen..

(If i'd had more time i'd have got hold of some lowering springs and dropped her a little bit more...but as i needed the car, that will have to wait a while)

To be totally honest, i'm well happy, (this has got to be the first car I've owned that didn't need hundreds of pounds spent on her at every MOT), so to celebrate she had a full service as well, just to keep her happy you understand.....oh and a quick play with the wash and wax is planned for today...(don't you love a day off work)

The last MOT for my old Vectra was shocking, if memory serves the vectra needed front to rear brake pipes replacing, warped front disc's and obviously new pads, both front tyres worn on the inside edge, and centre flexi pipe in poor condition.. and just to add insult to injury a slight oil leak.

so here's to another year of 'trouble free' Insignia ownership..

p.s. i'd only done just over 7000 miles since the last MOT,

The emissions test came back spot on...

Although i'm finding that they no longer give you a detailed readout of the test,

So I'm guessing that a test limit of 1.50 l/m and a reading of 'Absorption Coefficient'..0.07 l/m with a 'Zero Drift' of 0.01 l/m to give a corrected Absorption Coefficient' reading of 0.06 l/m .... is classed as good...

It might as well be written in arabic ...ha ha ha.
    Chris

Good to hear. Mine went through last week with flying colours too

mine had a broken rear spring last year, thought I might as well lower it whilst I'm at it

I wish I only had to do 7000 miles a year

Comment

Always a good feeling when they pass first time.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Nice one! They come in for some stick from some quarters but they're a decent solid car when looked after. You hardly hear of an Insignia MOT costing much.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Agree,mine passed last month,he did ask if my twin exhaust exits were standard
          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thats good Chris.
            I had a Vectra C too, i dread MOT time, it was crap infact

And the pass rate for insignia

Comment

My Vectra C now on 132k miles has just flown through it's MOT.Only advisory was misting in headlight which I knew about already
              Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Passed our MOT equivalent, the NCT. The only thing I'm disappointed with is both the 'service brake' and 'handbrake' performance on the rear nearside is below par.
                service brake: 2.9kn nearside, 3.2kn offside
                handbrake: 2.0kn nearside, 3.0kn offside
                Something going on there? I'll bleed it as a first step.
                Other than that happy with 260,000kms, 162k miles on the clock.

Comment

Higher reading on offside could mean the tyre pressure is lower on that side giving more drag on rollers
                  sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

I made sure that they were equal before the test, more for the suspension test but your thinking would be spot on for the brakes too I guess.

Comment

Working...
                    X