Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if I find this cool or not

Sorry if this is in the wrong section! Can MODS please move it if it is!

So I have owned my Focus ST for 2 weeks now.. Driving along I notice that most other Focus ST and Fiesta ST owners either wave, nod or flash their lights to me...

Having a little browse of the Focus St Owners forum and it seems a common thing..

Not sure how I feel about it.. Is it sad or is it just a quirky fun thing??

How would you feel if other owners of a Siggy give you a nod or something??

Car
    Elite Turbo Hatch Manual with all the toys and more
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's nothing to worry about....................it's a gay thing
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats what I was thinking to be totally honest!!

Alot of nice chicks who drive STs around me though.....

4. Likes marko301, 0011728 liked
    Car
    Elite Turbo Hatch Manual with all the toys and more
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
    thats what I was thinking to be totally honest!!

Alot of nice chicks who drive STs around me though.....
    Till you find out that they're lady boys
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Car
    Insignia 2.0cdti SRi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Original Mini owners used to do this back in the day....(i've owned three),

it was always nice that if you ever broke down you could rely on any passing Mini owner to stop and attempt to get you running again...whereas most folk nowadays would just drive past
    Chris

Speed Demon
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nod to other Insignia drivers if they look at me. I like the mutual respect thing. I like big bikes giving me the thumbs up as they pass me on country roads when I pull to the left a little to help them Pass. I just want to be loved!
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha lady boys yer!!!

I like the mutual respect thing that's a good point!! I just found it a really strange situation to be in at first hahaha

9. Thanks 0011728 Thanked
    Likes 0011728 liked
    Speed Demon
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Langy View Post
    Original Mini owners used to do this back in the day....(i've owned three),

it was always nice that if you ever broke down you could rely on any passing Mini owner to stop and attempt to get you running again...whereas most folk nowadays would just drive past
    My first car was a mini....Was driving back home over the Humber bridge when it suddenly lost power and died. Used the sos phone and a bridge board van towed me off the bridge and onto the carpark down below. My son was just a baby at the time and my wife had to change him then went to put the nappy in the bin. There was a bloke parked near the bin and he asked her what had happened so she told him...Turned out he raced minis and had a boot load of mini spares and knew exactly what the problem was so he came over with this little part, took the old one off and fitted the new one and car was sorted.

He wouldn't take anything for it and said he was just happy to help out another mini owner.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    My first car was a mini....Was driving back home over the Humber bridge when it suddenly lost power and died. Used the sos phone and a bridge board van towed me off the bridge and onto the carpark down below. My son was just a baby at the time and my wife had to change him then went to put the nappy in the bin. There was a bloke parked near the bin and he asked her what had happened so she told him...Turned out he raced minis and had a boot load of mini spares and knew exactly what the problem was so he came over with this little part, took the old one off and fitted the new one and car was sorted.

He wouldn't take anything for it and said he was just happy to help out another mini owner.
    That is so cool! Cannot see something like that happening today which is really unfortunate tbh

Car
    Trabant.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    Did he kiss you goodbye though????

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast