Not sure if I find this cool or not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if I find this cool or not

Sorry if this is in the wrong section! Can MODS please move it if it is!

So I have owned my Focus ST for 2 weeks now.. Driving along I notice that most other Focus ST and Fiesta ST owners either wave, nod or flash their lights to me...

Having a little browse of the Focus St Owners forum and it seems a common thing..

Not sure how I feel about it.. Is it sad or is it just a quirky fun thing??

How would you feel if other owners of a Siggy give you a nod or something??

It's nothing to worry about....................it's a gay thing
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

thats what I was thinking to be totally honest!!

Alot of nice chicks who drive STs around me though.....

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
        thats what I was thinking to be totally honest!!

Alot of nice chicks who drive STs around me though.....
        Till you find out that they're lady boys
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Original Mini owners used to do this back in the day....(i've owned three),

it was always nice that if you ever broke down you could rely on any passing Mini owner to stop and attempt to get you running again...whereas most folk nowadays would just drive past
          Chris

Comment

I nod to other Insignia drivers if they look at me. I like the mutual respect thing. I like big bikes giving me the thumbs up as they pass me on country roads when I pull to the left a little to help them Pass. I just want to be loved!
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hahaha lady boys yer!!!

I like the mutual respect thing that's a good point!! I just found it a really strange situation to be in at first hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                Original Mini owners used to do this back in the day....(i've owned three),

it was always nice that if you ever broke down you could rely on any passing Mini owner to stop and attempt to get you running again...whereas most folk nowadays would just drive past
                My first car was a mini....Was driving back home over the Humber bridge when it suddenly lost power and died. Used the sos phone and a bridge board van towed me off the bridge and onto the carpark down below. My son was just a baby at the time and my wife had to change him then went to put the nappy in the bin. There was a bloke parked near the bin and he asked her what had happened so she told him...Turned out he raced minis and had a boot load of mini spares and knew exactly what the problem was so he came over with this little part, took the old one off and fitted the new one and car was sorted.

He wouldn't take anything for it and said he was just happy to help out another mini owner.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                  My first car was a mini....Was driving back home over the Humber bridge when it suddenly lost power and died. Used the sos phone and a bridge board van towed me off the bridge and onto the carpark down below. My son was just a baby at the time and my wife had to change him then went to put the nappy in the bin. There was a bloke parked near the bin and he asked her what had happened so she told him...Turned out he raced minis and had a boot load of mini spares and knew exactly what the problem was so he came over with this little part, took the old one off and fitted the new one and car was sorted.

He wouldn't take anything for it and said he was just happy to help out another mini owner.
                  That is so cool! Cannot see something like that happening today which is really unfortunate tbh

Comment

Did he kiss you goodbye though????

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                      Did he kiss you goodbye though????
                      No but he gently stroked my hair...

Comment

No but he gently stroked my hair...

I bet he was from Grimsby or Cleethorpes

Comment

LOL

Comment

ST models acknowledging each other would be equivalent to VXR owners acknowledging each other.

Unfortunately, most Insignias (and most Astra/Corsa/Focus/Fiesta) are not VXR/ST models.

Comment

Yer fair point!

Comment

Working...
                              X