No announcement yet.

'New car' and low oil warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be sump off again so. Not a cheap job, so maybe they will do it right this time. Dont accept a leaking sump seal as you will have to live with it for however long you have the car and its not acceptable on a car that age.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
      It'll be sump off again so. Not a cheap job, so maybe they will do it right this time. Dont accept a leaking sump seal as you will have to live with it for however long you have the car and its not acceptable on a car that age.
      Not to mention MOT failure for oil leaks

Comment

Just an update, I had it back on 2nd July, noticed a week later oil coming from the sump (after they'd fitted a new oil level sensor ?) So it went back on 12th July - still waiting for it to be returned (parts delay apparently) ….. my neighbours probably think I work at the garage as I always seem to have a car with their sticker on it !!

So far it's been 42 days since I first picked the car up, I've had it 10 nights, garage has had it 32 and ongoing. 6 weeks into their 3 month warranty and I've hardly seen it. Will I be in my rights to ask for the warranty date to be reset as the car had a fault from day one ?
        2016 Elite 2.0 Auto (170) with mind of it's own

Comment

I certainly would because you have not had the opportunity during your ownership to drive it. The car was not of satisfactory quality when it was sold to you so I would be requesting that they extend the warranty a further 3 months
          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

or take it back and demand a refund due to the car not being fit for purpose,

they've had ample time to rectify any issues and they haven't....so if memory serves you are entitled by law to a full and immediate refund..
            Chris

Comment

There's progress ….. a call yesterday confirmed the sump had been sorted and they were allowing the sealant to go off. Only taken 2 weeks this. Just the wheel nut covers, the lighting functions, the plastic screw cap cover and the full valet to go. And I'm sure there's something else but I can't remember !

Comment

Latest update. They now need a dowel for the sump - does this make sense to anyone. Starting to be a joke this, 7 weeks today since first collecting the car.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie601 View Post
                  Latest update. They now need a dowel for the sump - does this make sense to anyone. Starting to be a joke this, 7 weeks today since first collecting the car.
                  What a pain in the rear this has been for you. Think I'd have told them to keep the car by now.

They'll be a locating dowel maybe that's what they mean but you posted on the 27th saying they were waiting in the sealant to go off I'd be asking what exactly has went wrong for them to now require a dowel and when can you expect to have your car back?

Comment

Well I got the car back on Friday 3rd. Guess what lovely shade of oil grey my drive was a few hours later ? thead
                    Got through to the branch general manager who was very apologetic and has agreed to sort the car and all the cosmetic stuff like missing trim I've noticed and enable the AFL dashboard settings. He's agreed if this sump issue isn't obvious to send the car to Vauxhall under manufacturers warranty, if it can't be sorted then I can have another car or my money back and they'll pay the interest on the loan I've now incurred. If I keep the car the warranty with them gets reset and either way they will pay for my drive to be cleaned so that's a result at least.
                    Back in the courtesy car for now …….

Comment

Get it all in writing. Bit ridiculous at this stage.

Comment

Is this garage called Chipperfields because they sound a right circus of clowns? I would be demanding at this stage now that it went to Vauxhall as I would have no confiidence in their repairs. Unless they give you in writing an even longer extended warranty on the sump repair
                        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I would love to quote the name of this car supermarket but at present the car is still with them. I chased them last Friday and apparently they'd found the leak (!) but wanted to open up another car to compare it to see what's wrong. I feel sorry for the future owner of this other car. Calling them tomorrow, if I don't get a sensible answer I'm insisting on the main dealer.
                          64 days since original delivery - 13 days in my possession with either a fault or leaking oil - 51 days at the garage in for repair...….

Comment

Oooohhhh Robbie you've got some patience. Don't forget to write that strongly worded letter to the boss, what's his name?? Oh, Jim Henson, that's it!!!

Comment

car supermarket/normal garages and main dealers don't trust any of them.
                              Only trust the actual manufacturer, but then again, recalls are still needed, and some cars still come out as lemons.

Comment

Is it still possible to reject the car.

Comment

Working...
                                X