No announcement yet.

'New car' and low oil warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe I have up to 6 months as I've not had the car in working condition as yet.
    The latest as of today is hat they have both complete top and bottom sumps on order. Seems I am being spoiled Of course it'll be a while before they get the parts and I made the mistake of telling them I was going on holiday so the want the courtesy car back now !!
    2016 Elite 2.0 Auto (170) with mind of it's own

Comment

Following this story, i for one would now go in and demand money back. It's not on, the stress alone would have broke most, I would escalate this to the top of everywhere that was possible, Regardless now, i would not have confidence in car or the dealer.

If a fault means the car isn't of satisfactory quality, not fit for purpose or not as described, the buyer can reject it within 30 days of delivery and demand a full refund.

Known as the 'early right to reject', this replaces earlier rules, which said a vendor could merely replace or repair a faulty item or part.

If you find a defect after 30 days and within six months of buying, you're entitled to a repair or replacement – and dealers have only one chance at repair or replacement.

If they fail, the customer is again entitled to a full or partial refund. It's assumed in law that the fault was present at the time of purchase unless the seller can prove otherwise.

I would have blown my top months ago, would have hired a large van, sign written on sides how bad the dealer was etc.

Well done, but it must be time to call it a day and sort this now.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Many have said go get your money back but I’ve hoped each time it went back that a simple seal on a sump wouldn’t be above a trained mechanics pay grade and I’ve checked locally, for the age mileage and spec it’ll be hard to get similar so I’ve been holding out hoping they’d get it right.
        This is their last chance at repair though, any more trouble I’ll be waving it goodbye.

Comment

Well it looks like the end is in sight, all leaks resolved, trim fitted and Vauxhall are fixing the AFL options, hopefully resolved this week. Tomorrow is 3 months to the day of the original delivery date.
          Thinking of asking for 3 months worth of tax, insurance, breakdown cover, finance payments and cost of cleaning my drive - anyone have any other suggestions ?

Comment

All the above, finance more than any, why should you pay for them to have your car?
            Should start fresh from day you get car back, warranty, service plan, finance payments, drive clean, loss of earnings, stress.
            Out of interest ask them how much they will give you for the car. Its 100% now according to them.

Try to go for things that they can hide the cost on.
            Maybe swap wheel gunk for a spare and tools. New mats, adblue, etc.

Good luck.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
            Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Well got the car back and pleased to say its running well. Funnily enough this time the engine cover is fitted underneath when it wasn't before. It's funny what a trip to the dealers would do. They said they normally don't offer any compensation for delays however in my case due to the time and my patience they are willing to make me an offer, just waiting on what this will be now.

Comment

Working...
              X