Vertical Lines on Nav Screen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vertical Lines on Nav Screen?

We have a 2009 Elite Nav CDTi and we have been experiencing continuous vertical lines on the Nav/Radio screen. They move and change density but it is now blocking the information on the screen.
    Anybody any idea what causes this and what can be done - if anything?
    Thanks.

Yesterday night I saw 2 vertical black lines on the top of the screen, now this happened the next morning.
    Anything to do (fix) here or just go for it and switch to the Tesla-style Android unit to get some proper smartness into it in the process?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikk36 View Post
      Yesterday night I saw 2 vertical black lines on the top of the screen, now this happened the next morning.
      Anything to do (fix) here or just go for it and switch to the Tesla-style Android unit to get some proper smartness into it in the process?
      Reset your car first by disconnecting neg lead off battery for 30 mins, not sure if this will help, but worth a try.

Comment

I had a similar problem years ago with an audi and it was the connections onto the LCD needing resoldered.

Comment

Haven't popped back on to say problem is fixed or not.

Comment

I took the display onto my desk, looked and mushed all the connections, but didn't help with the issue. I've already ordered a replacement 10.4 Android unit.
            The issue doesn't look like a connection issue, at least not of a connector. Looks like a memory/buffer is failing. I'm basing this on the fact that it has both lines (increasing amount in time as days pass), the screen only gets a full refresh every so often (at random, usually once-twice per minute) and partial overwrites of the screen are sometimes slightly broken (dithered). All this points me towards thinking that it isn't necessarily the display itself, but rather the screen data itself is broken already before being sent to the display.

Comment

I took the display onto my desk, looked and mushed all the connections, but didn't help with the issue. I've already ordered a replacement 10.4 Android unit.
              The issue doesn't look like a connection issue, at least not of a connector. Looks like a memory/buffer is failing. I'm basing this on the fact that it has both lines (increasing amount in time as days pass), the screen only gets a full refresh every so often (at random, usually once-twice per minute) and partial overwrites of the screen are sometimes slightly broken (dithered). All this points me towards thinking that it isn't necessarily the display itself, but rather the screen data itself is broken already before being sent to the display.
              Can't you get someone local to swap displays over this will check your lcd is ok or faulty?

Comment

Originally posted by markf497 View Post
                Can't you get someone local to swap displays over this will check your lcd is ok or faulty?
                The screen is paired with the navi unit, so it will need divorcing first then remarried to the test display. Things arent simple unfortunately.

Comment

You sound like you know what you are talking about

Good luck with your new android unit.

Comment

Working...
                  X