X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014, Start Stop issue

Hey Guys,

Have a 2014, face lift insignia.

Twice in the last two days had an issue with Stop Start, as it turned off in traffic as normal, but failed to come back on.

All i got was a rough chug chug chug but no ignition. Key then would not turn on.

Waited 2 or 3 min in middle of road and car then started with key.

Local garage tested battery at 75%. I know this can effect this funtion.

Vaxhaul garage want mad money to run diagnostics and software updates.

Was fully serviced in Sept, 2000 miles ago..had new fuel filter and battery chip due to issue around cold starts.

Any thoughts on this new issue!!??
    Conor.

Welcome to the forum,The battery does play a huge part to faults on the Insignia's,I'd try and get the codes read at an indy garage,or get the battery changed.Try charging the battery to see if things improve.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Thanks a million, only bought the car 4 weeks ago and delighted to find the forum.

Booked into my usual local mechanic tomorrow to look at codes.

Ill ask him about a recharge too. Dealers always go for the expensive options first! Hmmm.

Thanks.

Comment

I think that 75% is not enough for the stop start system to function correctly.

Welcome
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi

Yeah battery is the first thing I'd be looking at. It's surprising what a tired battery causes. Though if it's getting low, the stop function shouldn't be activating.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I have had start stop on my insignia x2 for the past 8 years nearly and if your battery is at 75% it shouldn't even stop the car I thought battery had to be over quite a high % like 85% for start stop to even work ????
            2018 GSi

Comment

So this morning the car just wont start at all.

Waiting for roadside to come out and have a look and ill drop to the dealer.

Video below on youtube i took this AM.

Its

Comment

What did the roadside guys say??.
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hey guys. Update is:

Seems to be a fuel rejuvenation issue.

Fuel isnt getting to the engine. It haf a new fuel filter in September, they siggested checking the lines, fuel pump and ecg valve.

Should hopefully get a call tomorrow.

Any suggestions please work away.

Comment

2000 miles since September is not a lot of miles , sounds like it could do with a bit of a blast to clear some cobwebs
                    Another thing to maybe check is the battery in the key fob , could it not be seeing the immobiliser ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
                      2000 miles since September is not a lot of miles , sounds like it could do with a bit of a blast to clear some cobwebs
                      Another thing to maybe check is the battery in the key fob , could it not be seeing the immobiliser ?
                      Won't that only affect keyless entry? Which he doesn't have as he starts with a key when the problems begin
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Working...
                      X