2009 2.0 CDTI EcoFlex - rough idle on cold start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.
    I'm having the same issue with the rev counter going crazy on idle when cold. Also the smell of fumes its mad. I cant be near it as it will be difficult to breathe ( not that I stay near it too long ) .
    So after reading every post in this thread I am confused as to what is the solution??
    Can anyone help please?
    Thx.

PS
    It might be in the wrong thread but cleaning the egr valve by myself is it something difficult to do??
    Thx

Comment

Originally posted by Mastereagle View Post
      Hi.
      I'm having the same issue with the rev counter going crazy on idle when cold. Also the smell of fumes its mad. I cant be near it as it will be difficult to breathe ( not that I stay near it too long ) .
      So after reading every post in this thread I am confused as to what is the solution??
      Can anyone help please?
      Thx.

PS
      It might be in the wrong thread but cleaning the egr valve by myself is it something difficult to do??
      Thx
      Have you sorted rough revs, man? Also smell terrifying me as well, going to check it out today with AA warranty, but still interested, maybe have to tell them something they should consider to check? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetwine View Post

Have you sorted rough revs, man? Also smell terrifying me as well, going to check it out today with AA warranty, but still interested, maybe have to tell them something they should consider to check? Thanks
        Hi.
        no I havent done anything about nor has anything changed. If you come across any info, please post here.
        Thx

Comment

Hi again. My op-com just came, bought from op-com.Co.Uk, installed software, drivers.. It is connecting, can see the car, vin and other engine stats. But when going to DPF section can't read anything, just red - - - in boxes.
          Do you know, maybe I have to wait longer until it communicates with the car? Tried couple o times now, no success.

Still want to see the DPF's load percentage and maybe to perform regeneration.

Thanks

Comment

Hi lads. Just an update update from my Insignia which had rough idle when cold start, also smell of burned outside under the bonnet. Somewhere on this forum, someone reported that rough idle starts when coolant reaches 18° and dancing to 21° as a rule all the time... When I checked on mine, it was the same, at the same temperatures at each cold start. This was a long intro...

​​​​​​Now : 1. I sorted the burned smell just with tightening the hose to the turbo, because I presume it wasn't tight enough and oil was dripping at that point, probably been burned by hot engine.... So tightening sorted smell for me... And no dripping oil at all, now for 4 months. And yeah, be caution to oil level in the engine, as mine was above the maximum. I changed the oil and now checking the level before every cold start.

2. Now, with dancing revs when cold. After looking everywhere on the Internet, replacing pressure regulator(boost sensor on other websites), it fixed it. Old one was dirty as sh*t, even cleaning it with air sensor cleaner didn't help. So I replaced it for ebay one, about £15. And now I have couple of day with no rough idle on cold start(as here in Bournemouth we got low temperature these days)

If someone have this issues, I hope this helps

Also some offtop. Before and after changing the engine oil I was getting 35mpg in the town. So I done some research about friction additives and chose Molibden one, black bottle from Halfords. Next couple of days mpg went up to 37.5 and it is fixed there, now for 2 months, which is impressive for me... Anyway, spotted Bestline additive in the youtube which does miracles in that testing videos with metal friction, so will look for it soon.

Will attach the photo of my pressure regulator replaced just to see what condition it had.

Comment

Hello thafs not you pressie regulator
              thats your MAP sensor
              (Maximum Absalute Pressure ) sensor
              it measures the amount of air within the inlet manifold
              That sensor should ge taken out and cleaned regularly as part of services.
              Due to the build up of carbon on it due to the EGR value
              now wonder it was misbehaving.
              Keep an eye on your oil level because if its too high then its signs of missed regens
              which is not good,

.K.M.P.C.U
              YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA

Comment

Working...
              X