Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 2.0 CDTI EcoFlex - rough idle on cold start

Hi there,

Just starting to experience some rough idling on my 2009 Insignia on initial startup when cold. The rev counter bounces up and down and you can hear the change in engine tone, once she's warmed up it is fine.

From searching the forum it sounds like this will likely be the fuel pump pressure regulator. Is this a common problem? Car has done approx 95k mile with full service history.

I'll be looking to replace myself and have found a reference to part number Bosch - 0 928 400 680. Does anyone know if this is the correct part?
    How have people found replacing it themselves?

thanks
    Chris

Get a carbon clean done worth a try and relatively cheap it solved rough ideal on my mates at work

Comment

I would also be checking glow plugs at that age of vehicle. You would need to get it scanned for any fault codes
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

The op has said he's just noticed the fault. We are in June now, I cant see the Glow Plugs coming on for 6 months and when they do its when its below zero ?

Comment

They'll come on all year round on a cold start, and stay on for a time even after engine starts. There's a pressure sensor on some plugs. They usually throw up a code when they are faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyh7 View Post
            The op has said he's just noticed the fault. We are in June now, I cant see the Glow Plugs coming on for 6 months and when they do its when its below zero ?
            Keep learning
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Thanks for the replies - I don't think its the glow plugs as there is no problem actually starting the car when cold, it just after when sat at idle until the engine has warmed up.

Looking on the net I am pretty sure that it is the pressure regulator. I can get a new one to £50 so will take a chance on it and fit myself. Will let you know if it solves my problem!

Comment

Sure there was a thread on here about this and there was a Software Update at the Dealers that cured it.
                Might be worth a search?

Comment

Hi any updates on this post I have the same problem to the point feel the car shacking as the rev drop up and down sitting in traffic

Comment

I've got the part but its currently sat in my garage rather than in my car!! I will be attempting to change it either this weekend or next. I will let you know how I get on.
                    Chris

Comment

Had a Vectra diesel that did this, crankshaft sensor issue. Really cheap fix. Don't know if Insignia the same, also had a Mondeo do this, faulty injector!

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Hi

Now the car has service soon but its not the oil as it was at 18% I reset just incase still the same, I have order a OBDII-Scanner for android as I got android head unit to see whats going on. should be here Saturday also hopefully going to get the fuel pressure regulator change got the part but need to order one of these https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexible-So.../dp/B01BIWZ63O

The three bolts are torx 1/4 in a very tight space.

Comment

I finally managed to change the regulator yesterday.

As has been mentioned there are 3 t25 bolts to get the regulator out. Don't do what I did and drop one of the bolts down into the engine bay!!

I found that I could access the 2 bottom bolts using a small socket + extension and the top bolt using an t25 allen key type tool.

It's fairly straight forward but a fiddle!

I'm pleased to say that after about 2 hours it was changed and my idle is now back to normal!

Comment

Hi,

Did you replace the fuel pressure regulator?

Comment

HI Paul,
                              Yes the fuel pressure regulator.

Hope it fixes your problem.

Comment

Working...
                              X