Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB problems '61 plate Insignia

Hi,

I've just picked up a 61 plate Insignia SRi. It has the CD400 unit fitted with a USB port.

I want to use the USB to play music but have seen loads of information online about only being able to use a USB stick with less than 1000 songs on it.

I have over 5000 songs on my computer, so my USB would ideally have the majority on it. Also, it's annoying that the system only plays the songs in alphabetical order or shuffled, you can't search through folders for artists or albums and this is what I would like to be able to do.

I was thinking about getting a second hand ipod for this reason and leaving it in the car, as I would be able to use the ipod to search for particular stuff. However, I'm not sure if I will run into problems like the car only responds to certain generations of ipod, or still having a file limit for playback?

Does anyone know the answers to my questions? Do I have any options in terms of upgrading the head unit to be able to run a bigger USB stick and keeping folders and search ability through the head unit?

Thanks

The best way is like you said get an ipod, but get an older one made around the same era of the car. You should not run into the song limit issue.

Alternatively get an android unit that features a radio that works.

Comment

Working...
    X