2014 Facelift viewing Monday!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Facelift viewing Monday!

I think I may have found my next car... 2014 facelift Elite ecoflex 140bhp. I took advice form forum members hereon the known issues etc. that they have not been reported on the facelift. It has the F40 gearbox too.

Anything else I should be looking out for please?

Bri

Having the f40 box is a bonus.
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I made sure it had!

Comment

Could have a glitchy infotainment system. Make sure its had the recall done. It didn't totally sort some of them but made them a hell of a lot better. Hopefully yours is one of the trouble free ones.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks Marko301. I'm guessing that's probably something that would come to light after I've owned it a bit? Unless there's anything specific I need to look for?

Comment

It's nothing major. Centre screen freezes or doesn't boot up. Sometimes no sound and a few other things like that. Tuning the ignition off and waiting a while before turning back on always sorted it. It only happened a couple of times after it was recalled for an update.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

How do you know if you have a F40 gearbox? What does it mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy4087 View Post
                How do you know if you have a F40 gearbox? What does it mean?
                Insignia has M32 and F40 gearboxes, depending on engine/power output,,F40 is regarded as the better/stronger,of the two. What engine do you have ?
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

2014 facelift 2liter diesel, 140hp.

Need more info?

Comment

Sure it'll be F40
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy4087 View Post
                      2014 facelift 2liter diesel, 140hp.

Need more info?
                      I wouldn't worry about it. The issue was bearing failure in the m32 gearbox. The facelift has upgraded bearings and doesn't suffer from it.

Comment

Enjoy your new car,
                        mate. You will love it.

Comment

I have the same car. Mines a 64 plate elite 2.0 cdti ss. 140 bhp. 50k milage. Mine has the F40 box too.

It has all the mod cons and drives great. IL list below the issues I've had with mine all done under warranty.

Replaced battery due to car not stop starting.

Aux belt replaced due to noise.

Pedal box replaced due to clicking.

Bad motor on passenger side wing mirror.

Replacement rear tire due to rumble on deacceleration.

Unresolved issues.

Weird click coming from rear quarter of the car when unlocking and locking. - intermittent. Doesn't affect operation just isn't suppose to do it. Can't diagnose the issue open to ideas?

Clicking coming from vents when fan speed is low - due to go back in over this.

Click coming from front end when turning wheel to its extremities. - going back in for this..

Ha looking at this i feel like I've got a dud. I would just make sure you get a decent warranty with it and you will be good.

Comment

Update, I didn't get the car. After traveling all The way to London, the car didn't match the photos. It looks (and was described) as "immaculate" in the photos... It wasn't. Close up, there were lots of marks and blemishes on the paint work, the wing mirror was broken, a gouge out of the front bumper. On further investigation under the bonnet there was over spray and the bolts were too clean at the front in comparrison to the rest. I walked away.

So... still looking! There seems to be a bit of a shortage of facelift 2013 / 14 elites at a decent price.

Regarding F40 gearboxes etc. I did discover a useful tool if anyone wants to check the spec of their car from the VIN number.

Just enter it in here:http://astra-3.pl/vin.php?lang=en
                            and you'll get all the info you could ever need!
                            Last edited by mindyourmagic; 26-06-2018, 10:59 PM. Reason: typos!

Comment

That's a shame the lying sods!

Comment

Working...
                              X