Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electronic Issues - Seat Controls, Lights, Buttons(?) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic Issues - Seat Controls, Lights, Buttons(?) :)

Hi all,

New guy here just changed from an Astra H to a 2010 Insignia.
    It has been well looked after mechanically but there a few minor electrical issues with the car, and was wondering if you knowledgeable folk could lend a hand!
    There is a couple of questions so rather than posting multiple threads ill throw it all in 1 to save clogging up the forum!

1) The up/down controls of the driver's seat arent working. The lumber support controls seem to be. When I push the up/down, there is no relay energizing so im not sure if its a connection or fuse, rather than the motor itself.

2) The reading lights and sun visor lights (both drives and passengers) do not come on. I have checked continuity of the bulbs and all seem ok. Again not sure if this is just a simply fuse replacement. I have gone through the manual but not sure what fuse number it is or how its descirbed.

Hope I haven't broken too many rules here.
    I have tried searching the forum and couldnt find an answer, but apologies if there is one out there and I just havent spotted it.
    Thanks again.

Welcome

Have you tested to see if there is any power to the lights???
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Witty View Post
      Welcome

Have you tested to see if there is any power to the lights???
      Thanks!

Well, there's no voltage on the sun visor light contacts, which is making me think it may be a fuse or connection somewhere?
      Do you know what fuse it is fed from?
      With regards to the reading lights, I'm not sure how to get the plastic cover off to expose the bulbs. Should it just prise off?

Comment

Just a thought reading this what seats do you have are they leather ?
        Yes the cover should prise off

Comment

Originally posted by Lff64 View Post
          Just a thought reading this what seats do you have are they leather ?
          Yes the cover should prise off
          Not leather - just standard cloth seats from Exclusive model.

Comment

Ok I was just thinking someone may have fitted leather and then not been able to sort the wiring out .
            Have you got any lights on ? What happens when you open the doors ?
            From memory I think the overhead lights are fused with the cig lighter and hazard lights do these work ?
            And welcome by the way ��

Comment

Deffo standard seats. Not sure if there are some connections under the seat. Assume the fuse for the lumber support and up/down are the same.

Yeah all other lights are fine. So the centre lights that come on when you open/close the doors. Passenger roof lights are fine. All exterior lights working too.
              Its only the reading lights (ones either side of the ones that come on when the door opens) and the sun visor lights that dont come on.

All 12V sockes are working fine, and hazard lights/indicators are fine too.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X