Face lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face lift

Hello all, I’ve got a pre face lift (13) Vx line but I do like the face lift version.
    I’ve heard that the changes weren’t just cosmetic but to the ride and refinement etc.
    For anyone who has had both, is there a big difference between the two?.

Not a big difference,but facelift is better sound proofed,that's the first thing I noticed. Sound system is also better,,had a subwoofer in the pre facelift I had,as I felt it needed it,but I have no intentions to add it to my facelift .
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinka View Post
      Hello all, I’ve got a pre face lift (13) Vx line but I do like the face lift version.
      I’ve heard that the changes weren’t just cosmetic but to the ride and refinement etc.
      For anyone who has had both, is there a big difference between the two?.
      I'd say there is a big difference on non Flexride models. Which may be why "exclusiv" reckons not, as both his had Flexride (correct me if I'm wrong). Wife went from '09 elite to '14 elite. Totally different machines. Facelift much softer suspension, more refined engine, all round the '14 is more comfortable, but not as 'sporty'. The one thing I did notice on changing the front upper strut mounts, which completely disintegrated on 120k kms was the shocks had gone from being positively pressurised on the '09 (their natural state is fully extended) to being negatively pressurised on the '14 (their natural state is fully compressed). I'm making words up here but you get the idea. I have a '12 BiTurbo with Flexride which the '09 was much more like in terms of ride. The '14 is much softer and smoother than the '09 but neither is a patch on the '12 with Flexride. Plenty think the Flexride system is not noticeable - when I drive the '14 it feels like he shocks are gone.The facelift is heavily modified under the skin, the engine block is the same but with a new head and heavily revised all round. To put all this refinement in context the '14 engine still sounds like a tractor compared to my old '07 Honda 2.2. The current 2.0 BMW engine comes close but not quite. I'd buy with flexride as a must. I could go on and on.

Comment

If you like the facelift is worth changing the car, as mentioned is not just exterior that has changed.

Comment

Thanks all, I prefer the facelift to the Grand sport tbh.
          If I can find one with adaptive cruise control and digital dash I think I would be tempted to change

Comment

Digital dash is easy enough to find,,adaptive cruise is a lot harder to find
            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I’ve seen a few over the last couple of months, but as you say, few and far between.

Comment

Another thing is, there have not been any reports of facelift having low oil pressure issue, which can cause bottom end seizure, or costly repair for such a small part.

Comment

I’ve extended the warranty on mine £27 pm, which I’m happy with for the reassurance.

Comment

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Wish mine had the dual climate,,like the look of the controls

Comment

Almost perfect, but has to be Vx line, not just the body kit, I really like Black headlining too

Comment

Originally posted by Tinka View Post
                          Almost perfect, but has to be Vx line, not just the body kit, I really like Black headlining too
                          Yes,it's a nice touch,the dark headlining

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                            Yes,it's a nice touch,the dark headlining
                            And the steering wheel
                            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                              I'd say there is a big difference on non Flexride models.
                              At the risk of sounding stupid, I looked up flexride on youtube and it showed a video (no explanation) but it had "sport" and "tour" which changed according to the throttle. Does this mean the flexride is only applicable to the tourer / auto gearbox?

Comment

Working...
                              X