Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Valve Issue.

Hi all hopefully someone can help.
    Went to inflate front drivers side tyre today but it won't inflate. When connect air line it just let's the air out of tyre and won't pump up.

Took it to a local tyre garage who informs me it's the valve. But may need to go to dealer for part or eBay.

So do I need a whole new TPMS sensor. Or just the actual valve bit ?

Thanks

Jonny
    Jonny
    Insignia SRi Turbo

It be just the valve bit, speak to your local tyre fitted.

Comment

When i had my tpms removed to have new ones fitted, the valve is left with a hole, so what you need is the replacement of the centre pin bit.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
        When i had my tpms removed to have new ones fitted, the valve is left with a hole, so what you need is the replacement of the centre pin bit.
        The tiny needle? If so they tried that but doesn't work.
        Jonny
        Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Best thing to do is speak to your tire place and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
            Best thing to do is speak to your tire place and see what they say.
            Yeah I'll have another word then. Just didn't know if anyone else on here had same issue.

Jonny
            Jonny
            Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

does the tyre hold any pressure or is it completely flat? did they dump the wheel in a bucket of water to see if its leaking out the valve or where the steam meets the wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                does the tyre hold any pressure or is it completely flat? did they dump the wheel in a bucket of water to see if its leaking out the valve or where the steam meets the wheel?
                It's not leaking any air out the tyre. It just won't inflate if you wanna put air in mate
                Jonny
                Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

Depends on what year your car is but you can get the kits at TPMS Centre on the web. If it's a 2014 or later car you'll probably need this kit: https://www.tpmscentre.co.uk/product...e-monitor-v022
                  Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
                    Depends on what year your car is but you can get the kits at TPMS Centre on the web. If it's a 2014 or later car you'll probably need this kit: https://www.tpmscentre.co.uk/product...e-monitor-v022
                    It's a 2017 buddy

Jonny
                    Jonny
                    Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

in that case it should still be under warranty

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
                        in that case it should still be under warranty
                        Will that be covered then yeah ?

Jonny
                        Jonny
                        Insignia SRi Turbo

Comment

It's still in warranty then. Get it down the dealers and let them change it for free
                          Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Yeah take it to the stealers, if they do say no, take it to a different one (one with different motorgroup name). They don't work to the same book.
                            My Air con condensor was broken on my old car which was still under warranty, the stealer i took it to, wanted to charge me for the repair, it was pricey, anyway i didn't have it done for a year or 2, then speaking on the forums people had their replaced under warranty, i was bit fuming, they should of done it for me foc.

Comment

Working...
                            X