No announcement yet.

LED Indicators for Grand Sport?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Defie,just discovered this myself a short while ago,may try some error free ones and see what happens
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Apologies for the delay in replying to my original post - I have been following it and your replies, but I've been a bit busy driving just over a thousand miles in my GS since it arrived last week!
      Thanks very much Defie. Fitted the bulbs you suggested in the rears and repeaters. What a difference. Smartens it up no end. Also upgraded the mains to LED and waiting for the error cancellers to arrive for the dippeds tomorrow.

Just posted a thread about improving the bass and sound quality for the radio if anyone's any ideas. Otherwise, delighted with my new Sri.

Comment

Apologies for the delay in replying to my original post - I have been following it and your replies, but I've been a bit busy driving just over a thousand miles in my GS since it arrived last week!
        Thanks very much Defie. Fitted the bulbs you suggested in the rears and repeaters. What a difference. Smartens it up no end. Also upgraded the mains to LED and waiting for the error cancellers to arrive for the dippeds tomorrow.

Just posted a thread about improving the bass and sound quality for the radio if anyone's any ideas. Otherwise, delighted with my new Sri.

Comment

Originally posted by Defie View Post
          I have ordered these as a test to replace the indicator halogens. They claim to have the same wattage as the halogen and no errors. I will report back after installation.

WLJH 2pcs BA15S 1156 LED Bulb Super Bright Anber 3030 30SMD 21W 7506 P21W Canbus Error Free Car Exterior Turn Signal Tail Back Up Reverse Light,Non Polarity https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F1S65..._ABnsBb875FKY5

For anyone interested in converting the reversing lights to LED, I found a set of LED’s that work in the reversing lights without error or flickering. I have tried many of the cheaper ones around and they all had flickering issues but these ones are specifically designed for modern European cars.

Fitted mine and they work great. No errors and no flickering and a bright LED illumination

AGLINT 2X T15 W16W LED Bulb CANBUS Error Free 3030 22SMD Extremely Bright 12V 24V Non Polarity for Car Parking Light Backup Tail Reverse Lights Xenon White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CMYK2..._4D6rBbA5S96CE
          Defie I need your help,,,,I ordered the led bulbs from your link which are P21W. They came today and I tried to fit them tonight but my existing bulbs and fittings are PY21W offset so the new bulbs don't fit. How did you fit P21W bulbs into a PY21W fitting?
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hi Marko. Mine were a tight fit but with a bit of a wiggle I got them in. I had the same “oh **** “ moment at the start but they do fit

Comment

I think the Y may only stand for yellow

Comment

Ah so yours are the PY21W fitting....Ok I'll give them a go over the weekend

Thanks for the quick reply.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Chinese millimeters Marko. They have a tolerance

Comment

I hope I don't break my toy.

Comment

It’s a plastic holder I think so some forgiveness for a wiggle

Comment

Yeah the PY21w are yellow but they also have offset pins instead of straight, but they do for a you say with a wiggle.

Here are the ones I linked fitted as opposed to the normal bulbs.

They do need 50 watt 6 ohm load resistors

Comment

Working...
                        X