Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Indicators for Grand Sport?

Hi
    About to get a new Grand Sport Sri as a company car. Thought the presumably halogen indicators might benefit from an upgrade to LED. Anyone done this?

Thought they were led
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by FJS View Post
      Hi
      About to get a new Grand Sport Sri as a company car. Thought the presumably halogen indicators might benefit from an upgrade to LED. Anyone done this?
      As exclusiv said, they already are led (shared with drls)....Do you mean the side repeaters? If so, I haven't found any yet. Quite a few bits appearing on AliExpress for them now but so led repeaters.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
        As exclusiv said, they already are led (shared with drls)....Do you mean the side repeaters? If so, I haven't found any yet. Quite a few bits appearing on AliExpress for them now but so led repeaters.
        Brilliant. Thanks for that. How about the rear indicators? LED also?

Comment

Not sure about the rears. I've never looked at them flashing but I doubt they are. I'll have a look later.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I have ordered these as a test to replace the indicator halogens. They claim to have the same wattage as the halogen and no errors. I will report back after installation.

WLJH 2pcs BA15S 1156 LED Bulb Super Bright Anber 3030 30SMD 21W 7506 P21W Canbus Error Free Car Exterior Turn Signal Tail Back Up Reverse Light,Non Polarity https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F1S65..._ABnsBb875FKY5

For anyone interested in converting the reversing lights to LED, I found a set of LED’s that work in the reversing lights without error or flickering. I have tried many of the cheaper ones around and they all had flickering issues but these ones are specifically designed for modern European cars.

Fitted mine and they work great. No errors and no flickering and a bright LED illumination

AGLINT 2X T15 W16W LED Bulb CANBUS Error Free 3030 22SMD Extremely Bright 12V 24V Non Polarity for Car Parking Light Backup Tail Reverse Lights Xenon White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CMYK2..._4D6rBbA5S96CE

Comment

Pondy just pointed your video out to me on fb. The indicators look great. I'm gonna order some!

Comment

They are great. Very happy with them. It was easier to put the video up on Facebook. I also changed the little side ones to LED. They are not on the canbus so any amber 501 LED bulb will work in there. I had some lying around from a previous experiment

Comment

Fitted some footwell lifts as well this week. They have a bluetooth controller which allows me to set the color and brightnes. Currently set to a dim red. Really adds to the pleasure of night driving

Comment

I like it dark inside. Not one for adding to interior lighting but I think I'll get some side repeater LEDs. Do you have a link to yours?

Comment

Defie,do you know if the gs and facelift use same indicator bulbs,my facelift is all led on the rear apart from the blinkers
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The ones I used I bought in Halfords. Didn’t buy them for this car but they worked without error. You could get something cheaper on the internet if you were prepared to wait a few days

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                          Defie,do you know if the gs and facelift use same indicator bulbs,my facelift is all led on the rear apart from the blinkers
                          Hi.. I don’t know I didn’t change mine on the facelift. Might be safest to pop them out and have a look

Comment

Ah right. No the Halfords ones will do. I'd pay more and get a lot more stuff like that from Halfords if they sold it.

Comment

Originally posted by Defie View Post
                              Hi.. I don’t know I didn’t change mine on the facelift. Might be safest to pop them out and have a look

According to this website they are different on the facelift. Clear bulb
                              582 7440 W21W Wedge Bulbs for Cars. A wide range of replacement and upgrade bulbs commonly used for rear side lights and brake lights Reverse and DRL's.

Comment

Working...
                              X