Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LED Indicators for Grand Sport?

Forum Key Rings
    Hi
    About to get a new Grand Sport Sri as a company car. Thought the presumably halogen indicators might benefit from an upgrade to LED. Anyone done this?

Drift King

Car
    2015 Insignia hatch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought they were led
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav Biturbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash . LED Fog surrounds.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs all round. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.

Speed Demon
    Car
    2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FJS View Post
    Hi
    About to get a new Grand Sport Sri as a company car. Thought the presumably halogen indicators might benefit from an upgrade to LED. Anyone done this?
    As exclusiv said, they already are led (shared with drls)....Do you mean the side repeaters? If so, I haven't found any yet. Quite a few bits appearing on AliExpress for them now but so led repeaters.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    As exclusiv said, they already are led (shared with drls)....Do you mean the side repeaters? If so, I haven't found any yet. Quite a few bits appearing on AliExpress for them now but so led repeaters.
    Brilliant. Thanks for that. How about the rear indicators? LED also?

Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the rears. I've never looked at them flashing but I doubt they are. I'll have a look later.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

Car
    2018 Insignia Grand Sport SRi- Cosmic Grey
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have ordered these as a test to replace the indicator halogens. They claim to have the same wattage as the halogen and no errors. I will report back after installation.

WLJH 2pcs BA15S 1156 LED Bulb Super Bright Anber 3030 30SMD 21W 7506 P21W Canbus Error Free Car Exterior Turn Signal Tail Back Up Reverse Light,Non Polarity https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07F1S65..._ABnsBb875FKY5

For anyone interested in converting the reversing lights to LED, I found a set of LED’s that work in the reversing lights without error or flickering. I have tried many of the cheaper ones around and they all had flickering issues but these ones are specifically designed for modern European cars.

Fitted mine and they work great. No errors and no flickering and a bright LED illumination

AGLINT 2X T15 W16W LED Bulb CANBUS Error Free 3030 22SMD Extremely Bright 12V 24V Non Polarity for Car Parking Light Backup Tail Reverse Lights Xenon White https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CMYK2..._4D6rBbA5S96CE

7. Likes marko301 liked
    Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pondy just pointed your video out to me on fb. The indicators look great. I'm gonna order some!

Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are great. Very happy with them. It was easier to put the video up on Facebook. I also changed the little side ones to LED. They are not on the canbus so any amber 501 LED bulb will work in there. I had some lying around from a previous experiment

10. Likes marko301 liked
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fitted some footwell lifts as well this week. They have a bluetooth controller which allows me to set the color and brightnes. Currently set to a dim red. Really adds to the pleasure of night driving

Speed Demon
    Car
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it dark inside. Not one for adding to interior lighting but I think I'll get some side repeater LEDs. Do you have a link to yours?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast