Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saturday's job

http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/Ve...]=1&sort=1&o=0

Some nice weather forecast for the weekends so should be a nice day for it....Or do you have the luxury of a garage anyway?
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Is the cup and sugar bowl genuine vx parts???

If not, what's the warranty on them

Comment

Can you come and do mine as well ??

Comment

Have a garage if needed but its your commoner garden type - full of crap.
          The cup and sugar bowl are not genuine GM - nor is the rest. Warranty is if I break them then I'm dead. GM bloody over twice the price. Bought a Gates kit. The current belt has 'only' 120kms (75k miles) but when I looked at it a couple of weeks ago the tensioner was far too loose and there is grease round the outside of the tensioner and idler pulley so I'd say the bearings are dry. I'll find out tomorrow. I have a suspicion the timing is out slightly.
          I've never done one before but looking forward to it. Wait till you see the results posted, then ask again, I may wreck the engine.

Comment

Good luck.
            youve got this...!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
              I'll find out tomorrow. I have a suspicion the timing is out slightly.
              I've never done one before but looking forward to it. Wait till you see the results posted, then ask again, I may wreck the engine.
              Bigger balls than me....I'd lay an egg if I had to do anything like that myself.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Done mine a few weeks ago pretty straight forward.
                The gates kit has the timing marks on the belt so you can't really go wrong.
                I always give the engine a few turns over with ratchet to make sure all is ok before starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                  Done mine a few weeks ago pretty straight forward.
                  The gates kit has the timing marks on the belt so you can't really go wrong.
                  I always give the engine a few turns over with ratchet to make sure all is ok before starting.
                  I'd agree it should be straight forward, and I dont know why I never done one before, but when I had a look a few weeks back there were marks all over the shop, what I mean the last time the belt was changed when I bought the car they added marks. I'd say the belt was just marked where it was, whipped off and replaced without using any locking tools or without letting off the cam sprocket. The fuel pump doesnt need timing? Do you know if it makes a difference?

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                    I'd agree it should be straight forward, and I dont know why I never done one before, but when I had a look a few weeks back there were marks all over the shop, what I mean the last time the belt was changed when I bought the car they added marks. I'd say the belt was just marked where it was, whipped off and replaced without using any locking tools or without letting off the cam sprocket. The fuel pump doesnt need timing? Do you know if it makes a difference?
                    I have the locking tools but you really don't need them but as I had them I used them anyway.
                    I'm sure I read somewhere the pump doesn't need timed but I kept all the marks lined up.

Wish I'd took some pics when I done it. But have a look at this http://replace-timing-belt.com/how-t...2-0-cdti-2009/

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                      I have the locking tools but yo

Wish I'd took some pics when I done it. But have a look at this http://replace-timing-belt.com/how-t...2-0-cdti-2009/
                      I'll use them as I think the timing is out a fraction. Not that I know anything. Found that link, I've read it 100 times! Thanks.

Comment

Plus I have brake-pads all round to change. Got OE at €150. I got an amazing 120k kms almost 3 years out of the last pair on the front. Something wrong there. The new discs were never cleaned before fitting?

Comment

Job done.

My dodgy water pump, its leaking and bearing gone, It was a genuine part fitted just short of 3 years ago, 125k kms.

The new tensioner for 'V' belt the new part has had the GM mark removed with a quick rub of the grinder. Its the same part.

And all done at 258,200kms:

Tomorrow a full set of pads all round.

Comment

good job done,don't forget to make a note of date/millage done!
                            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Congrats on a job well done and for tackling it yourself.
                              Was the timing out as you had suspected?

Comment

Working...
                              X