Grand Sport sits too high... Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport sits too high... Ideas

I think my Elite sits too high and doesn’t look right on the 18 ins alloys. Would i be better off getting 20inch alloys, the body kit or lower it?
    I’m not sure if fitting lower springs will affect the warranty.
    What would you guys do.
    Ps i’m not made of money...

Whatever size wheels you get,the arch gap will stay the same,as they're all the same diameter,the larger the rim diameter,the lower profile tyre is fitted. Lowering springs may be your best bet
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Cheers pal.Would it effect the warranty?

Comment

I doubt anybody warranty wise would notice if you don't go overboard. Lets see a profile shot. You seemed to think mine sat lower but I'm not sure the sri is lower this time around.

Cheapest option would be advertise free travel to a couple of fat b4st4rds and drive them around. That'll lower it for you.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I think larger alloys will result in tyres being damaged by potholes and lower suspension will result in scuffing speed bumps.
          I had an Astra Bi-Turbo a few years ago and even from the factory it had only 4" ground clearance so was embarrassing going over speed bumps.
          My Swift Sport, due to lack of rubber between rim and road, needed two new tyres on it during the winter after pothole damage.

They were just some of the reasons I chose Elite trim over VXR trim when I bought my Insignia.

Due to crumbling British roads it's easier and safer to make keen progress with slightly chunky tyres and slightly higher ride height.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
            I think larger alloys will result in tyres being damaged by potholes and lower suspension will result in scuffing speed bumps.
            I had an Astra Bi-Turbo a few years ago and even from the factory it had only 4" ground clearance so was embarrassing going over speed bumps.
            My Swift Sport, due to lack of rubber between rim and road, needed two new tyres on it during the winter after pothole damage.

They were just some of the reasons I chose Elite trim over VXR trim when I bought my Insignia.

Due to crumbling British roads it's easier and safer to make keen progress with slightly chunky tyres and slightly higher ride height.
            That's exactly my view. You can easily be tempted to lower suspension and go for lower profile tyres after spending time on the forum seeing other cars that have had it done and feel like the odd one out but on a personal level 99% of the time my passengers are my grand kids and I want my car in the best shape it can be. I don't want any hidden cracks in the wheels of snapped springs waiting to throw the car to one side when they give out on the motorway. In an ideal world yeah of course I'd like to have the bigger wheels...Not so interested in the lowering personally but as we all know. The roads in the UK and crumbling and getting worse so I can't see me ever bothering with bigger wheels.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

You guys are probably right i will post a side on picture tomorrow.

Comment

I looked at some Sri Insignias today at Vx. And you’re right they all seem to be sitting at the same height..

Comment

Vauxhalls do. BMW have nice stance

Comment

The Grand Sports sit lower than the Insignia A. There's a shot of my none lowered Facelift at RV among all the lowered Insignias and it looked like it was on stilts. I've also got a shot of the my Grand Sport among the same lowered Insignias and it sits as low.

I think anybody who lowers a Grand Sport is gonna get road rash on their arse!

Comment

Haven't seen any lowering springs for the GS anywhere yet tbh
                      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Working...
                      X