Start stop not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start stop not working

Hi all. Just bought a 2014 SRI NAV VX-LINE CDTI ECOFLEX sports tourer and trying to get the start stop to work, not helped by the manual which talks about Sports or Tour mode which my car doesn't have. However it does have an Eco button which lights up every time I start up.

So far as I am aware, when the light is lit and I come to a halt, apply brake, take it out of gear and release clutch it's supposed to stop right?! It should start again when I depress the clutch.

Before I bought it I had a mechanic do a diagnostic check and he said that no fault codes at all showed up so it must be me right?

Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong please. Any help appreciated before I go nuts ;-)
    Always strive to do better. If a job needs doing don't ask do it.

From what ive read, if the battery is below 75 percent is wont work.. so give it a good drive as it could of been sitting before you bought it.

Also, if aircon is on, it wont work!

Comment

As Murphy has said it's most likely the charge of the battery and it will take a few good drives to get it charged enough for the start / stop to work. I have a 2014 Insignia (though petrol) that is stood for weeks and it takes a few good 60 mile runs to get the battery topped up for the start/stop to get going again. Not sure about the diesels but when my start / stop is working I can use the air con without affecting it.
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Ive a 2014 diesel and if the AC is up very high on full blast it wont kick on.

Personally, im just turning the stsrt stop off when i get in. Its bloody annoying in city traffic!

Comment

Thanks I had seen the earlier post about battery life and in fact there is a list as long as your arms about what else might affect it inc air con and heated rear screen. The battery may be the cause I'm going to have to check this out but the previous owner did on average 2-300 miles a day and it's returning respectable voltages so I doubt it. I'm beginning to wonmder what else is wrong with it. Does anyone use the cruise control?

Comment

I've never had any problems with cruise control even when my start stop was not working due to battery charge level
            Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

my money is on battery, simply because i have been in the same position as yourself, new battery and it works all the time now.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
                my money is on battery, simply because i have been in the same position as yourself, new battery and it works all the time now.
                Did it cost an arm and a leg?

Comment

Originally posted by Henry-root View Post
                  Did it cost an arm and a leg?
                  i paid £175 for my battery, the car still had the original on after 6yrs

Comment

Thanks might need one too. Mind telling me spec / where you got it? Thanks.

Comment

Autostop on my car started working after a catalyst regeneration. When I got it the previous owner only did low daily mileage which I think can lead to the need for regeneration.

Comment

Thank God Stop/Start can be switched off. I simply don't see the point in using it, draining my battery, over-exercising my starter motor,and worrying whether it's going to work.

Comment

Working...
                        X